• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectracsonics: new Host - how to move libraries

Share/Bookmark

Spectracsonics: new Host - how to move libraries

Hi there Eric and crew,

Have a new dual core HOST PC built and will need to transfer RMX and Atmosphere to the new PC. Still have the older HOST PC (it is going to be a VI slave now). Can you recommend the best way to install your libraries I own on the new HOST?

I was thinking I would take the original disk that I have - install on new PC and take updates from the older PC. Sound about right?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Spectracsonics: new Host - how to move libraries

Bump

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Anyone help me on this. Atmosphere is straight forward (just re-install on the new HOST) - but really need advice on the Stylus - RMX.

Do I install the 'Stylus' disks I have (5 of them) and THEN install RMX (and then ofcourse the upgrades, etc.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Rob,

Although the content from Stylus is fully presented in RMX, the two products are separate. There is no need to install Stylus at all unless you want to run it on a slower machine that cannot handle RMX.

Just install RMX wherever you want it -- software first and the the library and xpanders on any drive you wish; point the software to the library and you're done. Well, except for the registration of the machine on the Spectrasonics site.

Quote Originally Posted by aplanchard
    Rob,

Although the content from Stylus is fully presented in RMX, the two products are separate. There is no need to install Stylus at all unless you want to run it on a slower machine that cannot handle RMX.

Just install RMX wherever you want it -- software first and the the library and xpanders on any drive you wish; point the software to the library and you're done. Well, except for the registration of the machine on the Spectrasonics site.

Many thanks aplanchard. Installing RMX was a breeze.

Where I am having problems is installing Atmosphere's update 1.2 (PC VST). When I hit the update installer it says...

"Unable to get the name of the Atmosphere.dat file"

Can someone make a suggestion. I am on PC running SX - latest build.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I think 'SpectraMove' should be of use.

Quote Originally Posted by AbhorrencE
    I think 'SpectraMove' should be of use.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at spectra move. Here is what they have on their site

Unable to get the name of the [Product Name].dat file"

Please do as follows:

Download the necessary Spectrasonics Updater AND Spectramove.exe.
    First, run Spectramove and choose to MOVE the data (.dat) file to the same location where it is currently located (this re-writes the corrupt Registry entry).
    Secondly, run the Updater, following its prompts.
    Within Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins. (the Updater creates this file structure).
    Cut and paste the updated Spectrasonics .dll files and .dat shortcuts within C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins to the actual Vstplugins folder you are currently using for your sequencer. (If you are using Sonar or Project 5, you will want to run Cakewalk’s Adaptor 4 again)

Seems a bit confusing, perhaps someone can help. After running spectramove (which seem to work ok allowing me to continue with the update now) - the updater wants a path for the update.

It gives the Spectrasonics/Atmosphere folder BUT don't I want to have this installed in the Steingberg/SX3/VST plugins folder - or do I just move it after wards???

Thanks for any helps.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I just cut and pasted the update .dll and shortcut to the dat (to the proper VST folder within SX) and it looks like that was the ticket.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum