This just showed up in my email - thought I'd share in case there are folks in So Cal that have a hankering to catch it. I certainly *do* but am in the middle of a big block of bad news at my day job, and won't have enough gas in the tank to get over the hill to see it. Still, sounds like a brilliant show.

10:30pm (after the SCL screening down the street)
6725 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood
(323) 466-2210 - Club/Show Info

For the 10:30pm Show: $8 - SCL Members, $12 - General Public
(Just identify yourself at the door as a Member of the SCL in order to get the discount.)

Grammy-nominated film composer, arranger and SCL Member Chris Walden arranges and performs the jazz and film music that inspired his international career as well as his own original compositions from his new HOME OF MY HEART album will be performed at Tuesday night’s show. Exclusively for this show, he will also perform a special arrangement of Alex Wurman’s score from MARCH OF THE PENGUINS, featuring pianist Alan Steinberger, both a member of the Chris Walden Big Band and the original pianist from the score.

The musicians who inspired the German-born composer for his new HOME OF MY HEART album show their appreciation is mutual. Legendary multi-Oscar® winning film composer John Williams says Chris Walden and his great band breathe vibrant new life into (our) beloved tradition. Jazz luminary Dave Grusin raves the performances are superb and the soloists are first rate, but the writing is the star here...Chris has truly made his mark, and he owns it. Chris Walden continues to score films for both German and American audiences. His US credits include THE LAST COWBOY, THE LADY IN QUESTION, CRIMSON FORCE and several TV movies. Additionally, he has written arrangements for music icons including David Foster, Bill Conti, Sheryl Crow, Michael Bolton, Nancy Wilson, and Christopher Cross.

THE SOCIETY OF COMPOSERS & LYRICISTS (SCL) is the non-profit, volunteer, and primary organization for actively-working professional composers and lyricists, with a distinguished 60-year history in the fine art of creating music for motion pictures and television. Current SCL members include the top creative professionals whose experience and expertise is focused on many of the creative, technological, legal, newsworthy and pressing issues of the film, television and game music industry today.