• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's a Blog?

Share/Bookmark

Talking What's a Blog?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    How many of you "Blog"? What is a blog and why "blog" in the first place? We're "blogging" right now aren't we? OK, well then ... blog blog blog blog blog ... blog!
    Here's what I found as part of an explanation;
    What's a blog?
    A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.
    Like the world really needs your BS anyway!
    Your blog is whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules.
    OK, so I want my “blog” to be an ongoing daily pulpit of regurgitated McDonalds French fries!
    In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. Or not.
    Or Not? Exactly …
    Since Blogger was launched, almost five years ago, blogs have reshaped the web, impacted politics, shaken up journalism, and enabled millions of people to have a voice and connect with others.
    Who would otherwise be doing something constructive with their lives.
    And we're pretty sure the whole deal is just getting started.
    So is the end of the world, fool!
    Styxx

Re: What's a Blog?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    We're "blogging" right now aren't we?
    No - blogging is basically a soliloquy. No intereaction. I find it it basically ~~~~ing ridiculous- but that's just me.

"What's a blog"?

def: A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there are as many unique types of blogs as there are people.

The word "blog" is an acronym for: "web log"

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    "What's a blog"?

def: A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there are as many unique types of blogs as there are people.

The word "blog" is an acronym for: "web log"
    oooooohhhhhhhh so that's it, eh?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum