• Register
  • Help

Topic: Epic space battle theme

Epic space battle theme

Hi all, this is my first post to the forum and I figured what better way to introduce myself than to post a piece of my work. It was written for the intro FMV of a video game I'm currently working on. I used GigaStudio with a mixture of Sam Horns and the VSL. It's pretty close to a finished state, though I still want to tweak the EQ balance a little. The file's available here: vastness.mp3

Cool Re: Epic space battle theme

(I just can't get myself to say...Hi (your username here) because it feels like I'm being rude )

Welcome to the forum! This is GREAT!! I really enjoyed this and can't think of anything that would make it better than it is already. Thanks for sharing!

Steph (moviemaestro)

Re: Epic space battle theme

Thanks for the welcome, Steph. I'm glad you like the piece. If it helps, my real name is Blake. I've had the 'dummy' nickname for years now, though, so I wouldn't have taken it as an insult.

I like it but I think it would sound better without the 70's era electronic beeps. Also, I think the SAM brass could blend better with the VSL. Perhaps put it farther back in the mix or pan it a bit. It does sound like two different libraries. The percussion sounds great. Nice piece.

really enjoyed it

I would lower the synthy sounds, they make the orchestra kind of small, and the snare is not "epic" enough for my taste, but i'm just being picky

Really great stuff! Great melody! Great!

Only thing that could be better is the percussion samples. When I bought True Strike my music turned 2x bigger and epic.

Passion for Sound

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm glad you liked the piece.

I really want to purchase True Strike! If it is anything like their horns range it will be well worth the money :D

Go Back to forum