• Register
  • Help

Topic: SB Live and Windows ME

Share/Bookmark

SB Live and Windows ME

HELP!!
    I am trying to get Gigastudio 96 to recognise my SB Live 5.1 card, but it dosen\'t like it, I believe because of the conflicts between the VXD and WDM drivers. I am using Windows ME which is where I believe the problem starts. If I reinstall the soundcard with the drivers only (as recommended by another user), although Gigastudio sort of works (it seems to use 250% CPU power!) then I loose access the the programs that come with my soundcard which I really need. Is there anything else I can do before I give up and either get rid of gigastudio or have to resort to installing Windows 98?
    Thanks
    Lloyd

Re: SB Live and Windows ME

I know you don\'t want to hear this but, WINME is very problematic, and Soundblaster aside from that has a few problems with windows OS\'s in general..Can\'t tell you why they haven\'t addressed some of these issues but, I recommend a different OS, I think you\'ll be happier altogether with anything other than WINME on your PC..Good Luck

Re: SB Live and Windows ME

Thanks for that, however I did eventually get Gigastudio to work with Win ME and soundblaster live after only installing the VXD drivers.
    Problem solved (I hope!!!)
    Lloyd

Go Back to forum