• Register
  • Help

Topic: iChatting

Share/Bookmark

iChatting

My daughter recently went New York for a few months and we have been video chatting for the last few days with Apple's iSight camera and iChat software. She thought she was hooked up to cable with ethernet but found out she was actually tapping into someone's wifi in the building with her iBook. The first time we chatted at this distance was a new experience, like talking to someone for the first time on a phone that you knew was very far away. Being able to also see each other in real time as you talk really changes your reality. It's been like a glimpse into the future and it's wonderful.

Re: iChatting

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    My daughter recently went New York for a few months and we have been video chatting for the last few days with Apple's iSight camera and iChat software. She thought she was hooked up to cable with ethernet but found out she was actually tapping into someone's wifi in the building with her iBook. The first time we chatted at this distance was a new experience, like talking to someone for the first time on a phone that you knew was very far away. Being able to also see each other in real time as you talk really changes your reality. It's been like a glimpse into the future and it's wonderful.
    I know this is not really a Garritan-related topic, but I had to chime in here.

Phillip. I agree - that is a very cool thing to experience. We live in Illinois and my parents and a lot of our family lives out in Utah and California - we have little web-conferences twice a month or so. They get to see our daughter Claire moving around, smiling, and cooing in realtime and we get to see their reactions. Something that usually would only happen if they were here or we were there. It REALLY makes it special for those reasons. Priceless.
    I love how smooth things are and how in-sync everything is. Even at full screen.

Gotta love THAT technology.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum