• Register
  • Help

Topic: Burton Greene Jazz solo piano cd free download

Burton Greene Jazz solo piano cd free download

Burton Greene ranks as one of the seasoned survivors in creative improvised music. Greene probes deeply into the interior of the tunes, expressively taking a free stance in constructing his complex improvisations. He uses short, irregular phrases that merge into a unified, flowing river of sound spanning the entire range of the keyboard. The left hand sets the brooding tone with forceful punctuation marks and the right emits sparkling gems of light to counteract the terse coloring. He can be thunderous and he can be delicate, but in either case the music rings out in joyous celebration of life..

Burton recently picked up the PMI Bosendorfer 290 plug-in piano and was so inspired by the instrument he recorded a cd to express his enthusiasm. He kindly gave us permission to use it as demo for the PMI Bosendorfer290 and encourages you to download the album from http://www.postpiano.com/free/burton.htm and give your comments here!

Burton used the B290 Wet 16 layer+rel patch on his laptop.
    I hope you enjoy his music as much as I did.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: Burton Greene Jazz solo piano cd free download

Just downloaded it. The little I've heard so far sounds great.

I'm currently using the PMI Bosendorfer to realize my Second Piano Concerto, and I love working with it. I'm enjoying hearing what other people are doing with it. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

I'm downloading the tunes now...

Michiel, I have been meaning to ask you this for some time. Last time I was in Amsterdam, I was in a little jazz bar (it has a sign with a graphic of a sax) just off the little square that I think is called Artist's Square. If you're facing towards Central Station, it is on the street that is at the top right of Artist Square (to your left, if you're facing the big Bulldog in the center of the square...cough, cough).

There was a band there, a little piano trio, and there was an old guy who could barely walk sitting at a table next to me. I noticed he had a melodica with him, and the guys in the band brought him up in the second set. He played his A** off, on both melodica and piano. It was wild, he looked 90 years old walking up on stage, but when he started playing, all the years just melted off.

Do you happen to know who that guy was? I'm assuming he's a known player in jazz circles there. All the people who looked like regulars at the club seemed to know him. He is a mofo of a melodica/piano player.

Best regards,

Thanks to Burton and to Michiel!
    It's inspiring to hear such a strong and individual performance, with the Bos 290 responding so well.

Go Back to forum