• Register
  • Help

Topic: Transfering GS projects between systems

Share/Bookmark

Transfering GS projects between systems

Hi - We have two identical GS systems but when I try and load a performance on one created on the other there are always files it can't find. The files are definitely there and we've rebuilt the quicksound database but they won't load. It's not a memory issue as we have the same configuration etc. Strangely it can't find different files each time it tries to load.

Any ideas?

Re: Transfering GS projects between systems

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    Hi - We have two identical GS systems but when I try and load a performance on one created on the other there are always files it can't find. The files are definitely there and we've rebuilt the quicksound database but they won't load. It's not a memory issue as we have the same configuration etc. Strangely it can't find different files each time it tries to load.

Any ideas?
    Just because no one seems to have anytyhing to say: (Stupid Question) Are the gigs exactly the same? (Sam preset order within same bank order), are the drives configured the same? (C: on 1 = C: on 2, same for D: etc).

If they're truly identical, then just ignore me.

This is interesting. Please update.

Belbin

Re: Transfering GS projects between systems

Not "bit for bit" identical no.

I naively imagined if all the same files are on the same drives and the quicksound database is up to date that the project should load! If I read you right I need to clone the drives rather than just copy the contents and ensure that the drive order remains identical and labeled the same drive letter. I need to find a good piece of cloning software - ghost told me it was going to take 5 days or something to clone a 250gig drive.

Go Back to forum