• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: 5 year plan

5 year plan

I know a lot of folks more educated than myself get pretty organized with their lives, and part of that is having a 1 year plan, 5 year, 10 year, etc.

What about you guys? Do any of you have 5 year plans or anything of that nature? Be interesting to see the long term goals of musical type critters.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer

Re: 5 year plan

Yes, in 5 years I plan to be either dead or retired.

West Seneca, NY

Talking Re: 5 year plan

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Yes, in 5 years I plan to be either dead or retired.
    Ha! I'm already DEAD TIRED!
    My five-year plan was long gone seven years ago. To plan anything else would be futile at this time and age. However, I do have a plan to sell as much equipment as possible, move to a warmer climate, purchase a Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom and ride until even the Angels can't bring me back! And, along the way visit the best person I've ever met ... J.B.

In five years I plan on being able to remember my multiplication tables and my name. Being able to make it to the bathroom by myself would be nice too. I hope that chicks still look good in five years (well...most of them) even though I won't remember what to do with them.

Larry G. Alexander

Learning jazz music, has infected every aspect of my personality, unfortunately.! I am a jazz cook, a jazz linguist, etc ,etc,
    My life plan could be summarised thus:
    If stuff happens. Busk it. !!
    A bit wearing on the nerves, sometimes, though...........

I had a five-year plan for moving to LA and working regularly - looks like I might have closed in on most of those goals within 2.5 years - time to set some new goals...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    I am a jazz cook
    Interesting! Any recipes to share?

In five years I hope to have a plan...

Thumbs up Re: 5 year plan

I've never had any kind of a plan except the one I apparently was born with - "If you're not having fun and learning something new - make a change"

Result = 4 totally different career paths at least 8 different major jobs-now "retired" (whatever that means) and still following the original plan!

Quote Originally Posted by diegom
    Interesting! Any recipes to share?

Sure, this is one of my favourites, that I reserve for very special dinner guests.
    1. Go to Kitchen.
    2. find stuff.
    3. Busk it.
    What it lacks in repeatability it makes up for with invention.

Go Back to forum