• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can Any1 explain me how VStack works ?

Share/Bookmark

Question Can Any1 explain me how VStack works ? (K2 users??)

Hi,

I'm an owner of a 1.9GHz AMD based DAW and i have Kontakt2 too.
    I've purchased K2 to be able for example to unload unused stormdrum samples from memory while they are not being used.

I've noticed (like many others had) that K2 kills my CPU when in a plugin mode.

My question is: Will VStakc give me the opportunity to have K2 more CPU friendly as used as standalone and VStacked to Cubase SL ???

1) How is the VStack connected ?
    2) How does it really work ???
    3) What do I need to use second computer with VStack to increase power?
    4) can use n standalone instances of K2 when in use with VStack ???

Any1 know where i can find more detailed info on VStack that the one which is on the Steinberg page ???
    Is there a demo version of VStack to try ???

Is there something FREE around that is similar to VStack ????

Re: Can Any1 explain me how VStack works ?

bump

Someone mention in a thread earlyer they have good result using multyple instence of Kontack as stant alone, they mention something about copeing the programme and the icon, look it up, it's avery resent thread.

Geronimo

I'm thinking of a AMD FX (double core) based system but not earlier than at 3rd quarter of this year... so for now I'm looking for a different way of saving CPU power

V-Stack works like cubase stripped from everything but its effect/VSTi handling abilities.

To use V-stack on a seperate computer you would need something Like MOL. Essentially its like using GS3 on a seperate computer. Load it up, and MOL routes your midi to V-Stack.

My main DAW has Nuendo 3.2 as my sequencer. In addition, I have two V-Synths made by VisionDAW. V-STack is on these two machines. I run EWQLSO, Sym. Choir, HALion / Kontakt on these. They are interfaced with my main DAW via MOTU 2408mkIII.

I can get quite a few midi tracks with both of these machines which in turn frees up resources on my main DAW.

Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck.

Mark Dalzell / AudioScapes
    Las Vegas, NV

http://www.steinberg.de/ProductPage_...42&Langue_ID=2

http://www.visiondaw.com/vdaw_2u_v2.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Also, if you haven't done so, find and download the .pdf guide for optimizing Windows for GigaStudio (sorry, I don't have a link). It doesn't matter that you won't be using GS. The guide is a very comprehensive laundry list of how to turn off various services within Windows so you won't be wasting computer power on unnecessary things. (After you get finish dumbing down Windows, things will look and respond in a more primitive way on screen, but you'll be able to load more instruments before running out of power.)
    Already done that

Quote Originally Posted by mdslammer
    My main DAW has Nuendo 3.2 as my sequencer. In addition, I have two V-Synths made by VisionDAW. V-STack is on these two machines. I run EWQLSO, Sym. Choir, HALion / Kontakt on these. They are interfaced with my main DAW via MOTU 2408mkIII.

I can get quite a few midi tracks with both of these machines which in turn frees up resources on my main DAW.

Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck.

Mark Dalzell / AudioScapes
    Las Vegas, NV

http://www.steinberg.de/ProductPage_...42&Langue_ID=2

http://www.visiondaw.com/vdaw_2u_v2.asp
    Hey Mark - hope all is well down there in the 'sun' - blustery snowy day up here today.

I am just unwrapping a plugging in my new MOTO mk3 (and one expansion). Go to say - I am really loving this. As I have a project coming up fast I need to get up to speed faster. Any hints/tips for the MOTU?

Eventually I will bag GS on 3 of 4 of my slaves and being running VST's (primarily the VSL VI). Any suggestions on getting up to speed the fastest on this. I have MOL now and am familiar with it. I guess I need to just pick up V-stack now?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum