• Register
  • Help

Topic: For all MSG, and MSGSRV32 errors in WIN98...

Share/Bookmark

For all MSG, and MSGSRV32 errors in WIN98...

And WIN98SE... I have the fix..This fixes these errors, and will enable your computer to start-up with Gigasampler loaded. This also fixes a multitude of other problems, such as ATI cards and Soundblaster, Soundblaster and windows problems..etc Email me, and we will have your Gigasampler working headache free!!!

Re: For all MSG, and MSGSRV32 errors in WIN98...

Also, be sure to make a clear reference to Gigasampler when emailing me as Hotmail likes to put things in my junkmail...Talk to ya soon!

Steelhed,

Referring to your post in

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000940 :

What company makes/made this DEVCON32.DLL file?

What is the purpose of this library, for what OS (family/version) is it meant, etc. etc. What version is this \"new\" one? Which older versions were faulty?

Can you add URLs to background information?

No offense, but I have the feeling to are taking serious risks by posting this as a panacea for Giga problems.

Will it fix my RME HDSP 9652 problems as well? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

This DLL is not part of Windows, nor part of GigaStudio. Says enough, I\'d say.

Peter

Did you follow the link? I\'m not the guru here, the guy that fixed the file is..This was a long awaited fix, I copied this file on 3 different disks, because if I ever lose it, I will be hurtin..I don\'t care what this guy did to fix it, But with the array of things it fixed, I would have to say, it\'s a success...Not part of windows? That\'s funny, I got it outta the system files, I\'d have to say, it\'s part of windows..Look, people need help here, and I plan on helping them regardless of any doubts...You don\'t even have to uninstall Giga before changing the file...I appreciate you concern, however, this was incredibly hard to find, and I plan on sharing it with others..Thanks You

Regrding your RME HDSP problem, you will need to research what that means before you can hunt down the fix for it, so once you find out what that eror means, then you know what type of problem needs to be solved..Good Luck..

Also, Peter, If you change file options to show hidden filed, you will see Devcon32.dll in your windows system..

Originally posted by Steelhed:
    Did you follow the link? I\'m not the guru here, the guy that fixed the file is..This was a long awaited fix, I copied this file on 3 different disks, because if I ever lose it, I will be hurtin..I don\'t care what this guy did to fix it, But with the array of things it fixed, I would have to say, it\'s a success...Not part of windows? That\'s funny, I got it outta the system files, I\'d have to say, it\'s part of windows..Look, people need help here, and I plan on helping them regardless of any doubts...You don\'t even have to uninstall Giga before changing the file...I appreciate you concern, however, this was incredibly hard to find, and I plan on sharing it with others..Thanks You
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Please stop this nonsense, Steelhed, it is indeed apparent that you are not a \"guru\" and you are bringing risks to other people\'s PC\'s!!!

DevCon32.dll is NOT part of the Windows OS file set. It also contains the company reference \"Creative Technology Ltd.\".

Yes, I have followed the URL to see what you are plugging.

The file you are advertising is for SoundBlaster cards. However, in your posts you seem to be suggesting that it fixes problems with other sound cards and GigaStudio problems in general.

DevCon32.dll updates may help for people using Creative soundcards and ATI video cards. It makes no sense to suggest a wider scope.

You jump into a topic on crashes in the GigaEditor with some micacle cure as if you know what systems the original posters are using. I can tell you that both Maarten and Simon do not use SoundBlaster cards.

And, don\'t tell me that I first have to enable \"hidden files\" - I know how to look for files on my system, thank you very much.

Peter

Well, pete you are correct, it refers to Soundblaster, maybe I should have posted reffering to soundblaster..This file has worked on 2 computers that were having that same problem, and yes both computers have soundblasters..I wasn\'t trying to get you upset, and I darn sure don\'t want anyone screwing their computer, That is why I stated, saving the original devcon32.dll file somewhere where it can be replaced with ease. I know one thing, I payed good money for my gigasampler, and to not have it work properly, and to not be provided with a solution, makes my music computer worthless, and I would not be buying samples from anyone when Gigga doesn\'t work on my system, Thus having to use my Gigasampler as a coaster...You\'re right I should have not even offered this information, as I no longer have these problems with Gigasampler, let everyone else fend for themselves. Good enough, I will erase my email from these post\'s and this can just go on as a mystery. It\'s good to see guru\'s such as yourself have been able to solve this problem for the masses! Do you have a solution for this? Have you been able to solve these problems? Has anyone been able to solve this problem? Obviously not! Anyway Good day to all, and good luck!

Originally posted by Steelhed:
    It\'s good to see guru\'s such as yourself have been able to solve this problem for the masses! Do you have a solution for this? Have you been able to solve these problems? Has anyone been able to solve this problem? Obviously not! Anyway Good day to all, and good luck!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t have this problem, neither do I have a SoundBlaster card. Good to see that you are so happy with your fix. Now start making some music with your GigaStudio (er..., you said GigaSampler?).

I\'m actually working on some .gigs, it\'s alot more work than I thought, but I\'m not really doing them for money. If that happens great, but I am trying to create all my dream sounds. I absolutely love Gigasampler..I tried halion, I didn\'t like it too much, but gigasampler fit the bill. You gotta understand why I am so hot on this fix, I have had alot of problems with gigasampler until that fix..I apologize, I did not mean to offend you in all this pete, I am just real passionate when it comes to using giga...I checked out your webpage, but didn\'t really get much into it, I\'ll check it out more thorough..It does appear from your site, you quite like music, and I respect that. Again, I mean no disrespect..Talk to ya soon!

Go Back to forum