• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 Steinway Convolution crackles in Logic 7.1.1...

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 Steinway Convolution crackles in Logic 7.1.1...

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to Kontakt 2, and when I do use it, its mainly for EastWest Patches. However, I've recently started going through the included demo files for Kontakt 2 and there are some great sounding stuff! However, I'm having problems with the Steinway D Convolution patch, as every note I play has a huge crackles in it.

I have go into my edit setting and turned of the convolution reverb, and the cracks are gone. This leads me to believe that its a problem in processing the reverb. However, I'm running a Duel 2.0 G5 with 3GB of ram, which should be plenty of power. Thus I tried playing the patch outside my host (Logic 7.1.1) and it plays fine! Weird!!

So I have no clue what to do. I can start a brand new logic song and it still cracks with nothing else open. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Kontakt 2 Steinway Convolution crackles in Logic 7.1.1...

Try the updated patches found here:

http://www.postpiano.com/support/allUpdates.php?id=169
    Ben N. Moore

WOW Thanks! I didnt know it was the actual patch that needed updating! Interesting that the native instruments website doesnt say anything about the update. Are there others that I may be missing?

One of the K2 updates had a library fix, mostly for scripted instruments. I think the updated Steinway patches are supposed to be included in the next update which seems to be taking a while.
    Ben N. Moore

Smile Re: Kontakt 2 Steinway Convolution crackles in Logic 7.1.1...

Hello bnmoore,

How are you ? Fine I hope. ;-)

Thank You Very Much ! ! ! ;-)

For the link http://www.postpiano.com/support/allUpdates.php?id=169 for STEINWAY D IN KONTAKT 2 LIBRARY KONTAKT UPDATES ! ! ! ;-)

One Love.

God Bless.

Phillip,
    Learning for a lifetime. ;-|

Go Back to forum