• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: TC Helicon VoiceWorks or Voice Live

Share/Bookmark

Question OT: TC Helicon VoiceWorks or Voice Live

Sorry to those who hate the general "hang" thang. But it is true there are so few reponses in other forums. So, anybody have any experience with TC Helicon VoiceWorks or VoiceLive? There is some great pricing right now on VoiceWorks but I need to know if the upgrade to Live is worth the $300. I mostly want to use one of these products live.

Re: OT: TC Helicon VoiceWorks or Voice Live

You will have to be constantly changing items in either one of them as you do your song, and change chords, unless you are hooked up to a midi keyboard..
    This being said, it also depends on what you want the unit to do ...If you want it to follow the correct harmony , you will need to hook it up so that it's changing as you change chords via midi....The live unit has more of what you need for live work if you're using it while playing guitar ....I will be getting VoiceWorks with the priceing the way it is now, but I will have it hooked up to my keyboard via midi......Sincerely, Jim

I guess what I am thinking is the magic of pitch correction more than anything. Harmonizing would be the bonus. Can you tell me how you are going to use the uinit? How will the MIDI keyboard controller work?

Thanks.

I will use it just like I used my other harmonizers .....I will plug the midi "out" on my keyboard , the midi "in" on the VoiceWorks.....The VoiceWorks will follow the keyboards chording, and my voice will be in harmony with the chord that I am playing on the keyboard.... For example , if I am playing a C major chord on the keyboard, and I am singing a C note , my harmonies will be the harmony of a C major chord.....Depending on how I have it set up ( I'm not sure of the variables with the VoiceWorks yet ) my harmonies will be either up, down , or gender , or ????, of the C major chord ....This way when switching chords, I will always be in tune with whatever chord I'm playing ..
    It switches automatically .....I would hope that's how it will work ....All my other unit's like my Digitech Hamonists did that very function.....Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Deak
    I guess what I am thinking is the magic of pitch correction more than anything.
    Planning on running as fast as your crutches will take you?

Or doing an Ashley Simpson imitation?

Seriously, this topic has been discussed several times in the soloact performer's newsgroup and the concensus is always the same - spend the time to learn how to sing. Yeah, it's painful (been there, still there), but it's a good skill to invest in.

What's interesting is the example on the TC Helicon website where they correct a guy stretching for a note. Check it out. It doesn't work. The corrected note is in tune but the stress in the voice kills the feel.

Ernie

Oh yeah, also interesting that a company would use a lyric that included a five letter word for "female dog" in an example song. Not a prude, just found it disconcerting in that context.

Ernie

Go Back to forum