• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB?

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy JABB?

I have it, it's cool but I don't think I'm running it right. Something is missing or didn't take? Downloaded the update but I don't see or hear a difference? Also, am I missing the "growling" jazzy sax sounds somehow? Something is definitely not right.
    Anyone using JABB have insight as to what may be wrong besides my brain?
    Styxx

Re: JABB?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I have it, it's cool but I don't think I'm running it right. Something is missing or didn't take? Downloaded the update but I don't see or hear a difference? Also, am I missing the "growling" jazzy sax sounds somehow? Something is definitely not right.
    Anyone using JABB have insight as to what may be wrong besides my brain?
    If you successfully installed the update you will see a definite difference - for example: New "Lite" folders when you open the load button. As to "growling," try cc18 to roughen the sound (a little goes a long way.)

Tom

Thanks Tom. I don't know I'm not seeing any "lite" folders in the kontakt player load menu? As for assigning controllers, I've never had the opportunity to before now and reading all these manuals has given me no clue as to how it's accomplished.
    Thanks for your help!
    Styxx

I'm not quite sure but ... when I first loaded up my JABB I didn't think it sounded right ... I realized it was because I wasn't using any reverb.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

When I unzipped the new programming, I got a prompt that asked me if I wanted to over-write the original files - to which I responded "Yes to All". If you didn't get that prompt, you probably dropped them in the wrong folder - probably one folder level too high or too low in the directory tree.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Yes, I almost was going to do just that but for some reason opted not to. After downloading the PDF file on the upgrade, I realized what I had done wrong. Thanks for all your help!
    Sean, the ambience adds a heck of a feel to the samples!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    When I unzipped the new programming, I got a prompt that asked me if I wanted to over-write the original files - to which I responded "Yes to All". If you didn't get that prompt, you probably dropped them in the wrong folder - probably one folder level too high or too low in the directory tree.
    Houston,

Glad you posted this. You will need to do the update again. You absolutely *must* delete all older files before placing the new ones. Overwriting will not do the trick. That's why I did a step-by-step for the install - to try to avoid users making this fundamental error during the update process.

Tom

Thumbs up Re: JABB?

And right you are, Tom! Everything is working just great so far. Now all I have to do is learn how to assign the controllers to my controller to control the controls while controlling the controllers with the controllers, ers, thers, hers, his, was, not.........
    Styxx

Go Back to forum