• Register
  • Help

Topic: MOTU Mark 3 question

Share/Bookmark

MOTU Mark 3 question

For those of you who are running MOTU Mark 3 (PCI-424)- can you lend me a brain cell or two.

I have a MOTU core and expansion module hooked into my new PC Daw. I have four slaves routed to the MOTU's via ADAT. I can get activity and sound from the first Slave but not from the other 3 (I have checked output settings on other machines that they are identical with Slave #1)

On the non-communicating Slaves (running giga right now) - I can see activity out of their output master buss - just no ADAT or sound activity in the MOTU (like Slave #1). Tried to do a process of elimination - just cannot get it to work.

Running SX 3.1.1.

The MOTU controls seem so simple and straight forward??? Please don't hesitate to suggest the obvious

Any help at all?

edit: sorry - discovered I had in my template routing setup for old set. MOTU routing is working great.

Rob
    Last edited by Rob Elliott; 01-14-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: discovered problem
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: MOTU Mark 3 question

Try plugging the output of the non-working slaves into the Motu input that you know is working. This will verify whether the Slaves are outputting audio through the lightpipe.

1. If this works, you know the slave soundcards are good and you have a problem with the Motu.

2. If not, the slaves are not outputting audio. Try using a different ADAT cable, etc.

What sound cards are you using are your slaves?

Re: MOTU Mark 3 question

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus
    Try plugging the output of the non-working slaves into the Motu input that you know is working. This will verify whether the Slaves are outputting audio through the lightpipe.

1. If this works, you know the slave soundcards are good and you have a problem with the Motu.

2. If not, the slaves are not outputting audio. Try using a different ADAT cable, etc.

What sound cards are you using are your slaves?
    Sorry you didn't notice my 'edit' at the end of my post - all is working great. Operator (old routing scheme was set up). All working great.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum