• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Import problem into Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Angry GOS Import problem into Kontakt 2

I received mine about a week ago and haven't installed the entire package yet but several instruments will not import correctly into Kontakt 2.

One I've worked on is
    "1st violins KS and Lite.gig" file from DVD#1
    1st Vlns Add.Tech.KS Combo. lite (C2-D#2) instrument

In K2.02 it says the file "Silent.wav may be corrupted and sounds from Key switch C1 (should be pizz) are distorted - KS C#1-D1, D#1 are fine.

This instrument DOES LOAD CORRECTLY in Kontakt 1.5.3 and after being saved then a subsequently DOES LOAD INTO Kontakt 2.02 correctly

So it seems that a direct load into Kontake 2.02 I sent some info to Garth at chickensys but i'm sure everyone's at the show right now

Anyone else confirm this?

Fred

Re: GOS Import problem into Kontakt 2

Fred,

Experienced the same issue and can confrim your report. I cannot, however, confirm 1.5.3 as I do no have that - I only have Kontakt 2.

I also noticed that pizzicato settings do not seem to work at all - I'm sure there is a way to get this to work, though - anyone with ideas?

Regards,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes
    I received mine about a week ago and haven't installed the entire package yet but several instruments will not import correctly into Kontakt 2.

One I've worked on is

In K2.02 it says the file "Silent.wav may be corrupted and sounds from Key switch C1 (should be pizz) are distorted - KS C#1-D1, D#1 are fine.

This instrument DOES LOAD CORRECTLY in Kontakt 1.5.3 and after being saved then a subsequently DOES LOAD INTO Kontakt 2.02 correctly

So it seems that a direct load into Kontake 2.02 I sent some info to Garth at chickensys but i'm sure everyone's at the show right now

Anyone else confirm this?

Fred
    Hi,
    I must raise this again as I am poised to buy this fine library (if it works). Does it load into Kontakt 1.5.3 directly using the batch converter then to be saved as NKi or NKM files, or are you using Translator (which I don't have).
    When you write DOES LOAD CORRECTLY, have you also checked the velocity layers, nuances etc that are part of the Giga files?
    Many thanks,
    Steve
    PS I'm on a Mac.

hywyn,

Translator (Version 2.9 Build 103 )does NOT correctly translate the file
    Kontakt 2.0.2 Does not correctly convert the file
    Bulk conversion from Kontakt 1.5.3.1 DOES convert correctly and is then playable correctly in Kontakt 2.0.2

Please keep in mind that I have ONLY thoroughly tried.

I'm on another project right now and don't have time to try other conversions but from what I've heard of the samples so far it IS WORTH the struggle - they are gorgeous and stunning.

I'm hoping Garth (Chickensys) can fix this. Also hoping someone can write a script to emulate Maestro tools in Kontakt 2

Fred

Fred

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes
    hywyn,

Translator (Version 2.9 Build 103 )does NOT correctly translate the file
    Kontakt 2.0.2 Does not correctly convert the file
    Bulk conversion from Kontakt 1.5.3.1 DOES convert correctly and is then playable correctly in Kontakt 2.0.2

Please keep in mind that I have ONLY thoroughly tried.

I'm on another project right now and don't have time to try other conversions but from what I've heard of the samples so far it IS WORTH the struggle - they are gorgeous and stunning.

I'm hoping Garth (Chickensys) can fix this. Also hoping someone can write a script to emulate Maestro tools in Kontakt 2

Fred

Fred

Fred
    Man, that's the best news I've heard all day!!! Time I got off the fence and went shopping.
    Thanks (all three of you )
    Steve

Talking Re: GOS Import problem into Kontakt 2

REVISED Import info

Would you believe the randomly chosen test conversion file from disk 1, 1st violins, "1st violins KS and Lite.gig" file is THE ONLY ONE that does not convert directly into Kontakt 2.02

AND I discovered that importing via Kontakt 1.5.3 does NOT correctly import the CC17 (GPC-2) and CC80(GPC-5) data in at least one file (Ist Violins long bow, 1st vin SusV leg.

So to make a long story short

Importing GOS via K2.02 is fine except for 1st violins KS and Lite.gig which chokes on the file Silent.wav.

Fred

Go Back to forum