• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin in non-Kontakt 2 formats(?)

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin in non-Kontakt 2 formats(?)

Hello fellow musicians,

I am a violin maker from Germany and I waited for a product with the realism of the mentioned Gary Garritan product for a long time (as you can imagine).

Please allow me to ask the question:
    Can I expect a version of the Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin that is compatible with the EXS24 sampler in the future?

I am asking this because I cannot afford to buy both the Solo Violin and the Kontakt 2 sampler from Native Instruments - especially as I only want to use this one single instrument.
    I want to create background music for my string instrument repair studio (possibly expanded in the future to be a small showroom) and I am not as convinced with what I heard from the <three letter acronym> solo strings library as I am with the Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin.

Best wishes from Germany's capital Berlin City,
    Robert

Re: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin in non-Kontakt 2 formats(?)

The solo Strad programming needs the scripting capabilities of Kontakt 2. Kontakt 2 is the only engine with these scripting capabilities builtin at this time. The library hopefully will be available in the future with a Kontakt 2 player when it Native Instruments completes it.

Lightbulb Re: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin in non-Kontakt 2 formats(?)

I think you found your program, but to use it, you must wait for the Kontakt player, still planned, but not available yet, and probably not before last months of 2006.

Yes trills and vibrato are totally under control, as in the real violin. You may change vibrato speed and intensity in real time, or programming it.

You may play a trill in real time as on the real violin (one note stay down, and the other go up and down) but it sounds a little mechanic. If you program it in a sequencer, it sounds really better because of excellent legato and portamento effects, modulating notes and creating trill effect starting from notes you play/record/write, without existing trill samples, (in other library using trill samples, real but frozen in speed and sound "as recorded").
    The baroque trill accellerando and rubato are wonderful and flexible in that way.

Re: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin in non-Kontakt 2 formats(?)

Thanks Fabio, that's really great, because I planned to do all the composing and arranging in Logic Pro 7. I will hope for the Kontakt 2 Player to be available soon.

This is probably not the correct place to ask this, but as a side note, does anyone know whether Garritan is planning new string-related libraries?

Cool Re: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin in non-Kontakt 2 formats(?)

Quote Originally Posted by pulverfass
    Thanks Fabio, that's really great, because I planned to do all the composing and arranging in Logic Pro 7. I will hope for the Kontakt 2 Player to be available soon.

This is probably not the correct place to ask this, but as a side note, does anyone know whether Garritan is planning new string-related libraries?
    ...soon?...

I don't know. But what I know is that time is short to keep the leadership: it's Gary's convenience IMHO to be quick...

Go Back to forum