• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big drumkit library?

Share/Bookmark

Big drumkit library?

Hi all,

I am looking for a DrumKit library that include small toms, timbalitos, octobans, rototoms... or these samples alone.

I found many of them with tons of different snares, bass drums and cymbals but none of extra pieces.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Re: Big drumkit library?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr_Velasco
    Hi all,

I am looking for a DrumKit library that include small toms, timbalitos, octobans, rototoms... or these samples alone.

I found many of them with tons of different snares, bass drums and cymbals but none of extra pieces.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
    East West Colossus has loads of drums, but I don't know how octobans
    or rototoms sound so I can't tell you if they are included.

Maybe you know someone with Colossus near you who let you test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr_Velasco
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Colossus does not have roto toms or octobans as I recall. EWQL Gold Pro XP has beautiful roto-toms but no octobans. Artist Drums has a picture of Simon Phillips kit with octobans on the back of the box but I'm not sure if they sampled them (I'll check when I get home) You might want to try some of the EMU sample discs for the Emulator series. I have a 26 drum kit set that has some roto toms on them but they are not as good as the EWQL Gold Pro ones.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I just checked Artist Drums and it does have Octobons and some nice toms. No rotos or timbalitos though...

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Thank you all for your comments.

I found Scarbee Imperial Drums XL includes some roto-toms too, but I won't get 12 DVDs for a pair of roto-toms. It's a pity nobody has these extra pieces as a DirectDownload or something like that.

I will check it out Artist Drums' Simon Phillips Kit for the octobans.

Cheers

Have you looked at Virtual Drumline 2? I never looked at it because I don't do marching band arrangements, but I happened to see their instrument list recently and it looks like there's a lot there. More than I would have expected, anyway.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

As I recall, True Strike includes rototoms.

-JF

Go Back to forum