• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 stupid questions

Share/Bookmark

Smile 2 stupid questions

1. Can I use my full version of GPO with FINALE 2006 rather than the limited version included in FINALE's software distribution package?

2. Does anyone out here have a ANVIL patch or know where I could find one?

Special thanks for your help......

Paul O.

Re: 2 stupid questions

First, the only question that is stupid is one not asked. Second, I have no idea about the finale schtick and the second question has been on going for quite some time.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by provette
    1. Can I use my full version of GPO with FINALE 2006 rather than the limited version included in FINALE's software distribution package?

Paul O.
    Yes to #1.`Just copy the GPO.dll file into the same directory in which the GPO Finale .dll resides (probably C:\program files\Finale 2006\Finale VST).

As to #2, you doing Anvil Chorus or Alec Wilder's Entertainment? No anvil patch here. You can probably distort some other percussion instrument to get an anvil.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

I have a meat tenderizer hammer that, when the handle is struck with a fork, produces a very anvil-like sound. Look around your kitchen. There are plenty of metal things there. Maybe you can find something?

Also, fish around the GM patches. You mighcan probably throw something together.

-Chris

I think G-Town Church project samples include some anvil stuff.

http://www.legaltorrents.com/index.htm

do a search for "town" and you'll get the link. It's shared as a .torrent file, so you'll have to install some bittorrent client if you don't already have one (I recommend you to use Azureus from http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) It's a 100% FREE (under creative commons license) sound library, but it has a high quality.

Quoted from legal torrent's web page about it:

[PRO MUSICIAN, PERCUSSION, SAMPLES] Recorded in his local church in Grebbestad, Sweden by music producer Tobias Marberger, this set of CC-licensed music samples (available in two separate torrents, with either the original .WAV files with separate EXS24 soft sampler patches, or as .GIG Gigastudio-formatted versions) should be invaluable to amateur and professional musicians alike - includes anvil, snare, wood stick, hihat, brushplate, bongos, piano, organ, mandolin, glockenspiel, flute, many other instruments

Good luck!

-Dani-

Quote Originally Posted by provette

Paul O.
    Paul,

You already have a good answer from Snorlax (Jim) on #1.

May I suggest Project SAM truestrike freebies for the anvil?
    http://projectsam.com/freesounds.html
    The samples there are great - you will need a sampler or soundfont player to use it.

I love those sounds.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum