• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NAMM SPECIAL @ PMI

Share/Bookmark

Smile NAMM SPECIAL @ PMI

NAMM SPECIAL @ PMI

During the next 2 weeks we're having special NAMM PRICES in our on-line store - the discount can go up to 50% on all major products, including the latest releases.
    Don't miss it and visit www.postpiano.com to get our products at super prices!

The Namm show, Anaheim, California, brings the best that the music products industry has to offer. With more than 1,400 exhibits filling the entire convention center, the hottest new instruments and trend-setting innovations. Get in the mood and see the NAMM ShowWarpVideo:
    http://www.thenammshow.com/05ShowWrap.mov
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: NAMM SPECIAL @ PMI

That's awesome! I was going to buy the old lady last week, but I hesitated at the price. Now, I surely will.

Thanks a million

Mahlon

Hi Mahlon, glad you like the deal! We do try to keep our prices reasonable and surely the price level of individual sample libs has been dropping rapidly over the past years. Two years ago an introduction price of $245 for a big sampled piano was normal. A new piano typically costs you $ 100 less today. The special promotions that we have on a regular basis bring the prices down even further and I can imagine that the price levels for pianos will continue to drop. There are so many pianos out these days that competition is in full force, wich is a good thing for musicians right?

The Old Lady, Emperor, Bosendorfer290, Steinway D, Historic Instruments, Baroque Organ all cost $ 100 during our promotion.
    The Piano Magic Bundle and Consolidated Bundles are $ 200 each.
    The Gold Bundle (Old Lady and Emperor) is $ 150.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Well, it was really the tone quality of the Old Lady and the Emperor that got me. Don't know about playability, but I'm sure it's good. Something about both the pianos tones was mellow and a little aged. I'll be using it mostly solo and small ensemble, so it doesn't ever really have to cut through.

Anyway, really nice sound to them.

Thanks,
    Mahlon

Well thank you for the nice words!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Michiel,

I've just been having a nose around your site and had the pleasure of listening to your Hybrid Piano concept. (Very nice to see you giving credit to Xavier Bidault, Olivier Frappier and Kornel Mezo for their contributions....respect!)

You have unwittingly (cleverly) used one of my very favourite pieces of piano music.....the 'Adagio'. It really is most interesting (and sensible) to do an A, B (and C & D ) comparison using the same piece. Intriguing!

Best regards

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by mahlon
    Well, it was really the tone quality of the Old Lady and the Emperor that got me. Don't know about playability, but I'm sure it's good. Something about both the pianos tones was mellow and a little aged. I'll be using it mostly solo and small ensemble, so it doesn't ever really have to cut through.

Anyway, really nice sound to them.

Thanks,
    Mahlon

I have just about every piano library out there.....and if you are looking at playability, the Emperor does it for me. Glorious rich tone, and equally good for jazz ensembles and solo work. I keep buying more libraries to see if anything is better, but always go back to Emperor

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Just thought I'd bump this up to the top so that nobody forgets that it's ending today. I had a post-it note reminding me to order a few things, and I almost forgot.

On a side note...

I don't know if others are having the same kind of difficulties I did, but I found it REALLY daunting to place an order on the PMI site (using Safari, with cookies always enabled). Pages wouldn't load, or blank screens would come up. After working at it for about an hour, I got my order to go through (at least I think I did). Michiel, is there any possibility of going to a different service to make the process work better? I just have to believe that a lot of people get frustrated with trying to place an order for your products, and simply give up. I'll bet you lose a lot of sales that way.

I'm especially looking forward to the carillon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my order actually went through.

Lee Blaske
    hi Lee,
    I agree about the Safari issue on our site. It´s a shame.
    In earlier versions of OSX you could at least use InternetExplorer to get through the pages but that is no longer part of the OS installation. We´re going to switch to something new.

Anyway, your hours of work was not wasted, your order will ship tomorrow!
    Thanks!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I don't know if others are having the same kind of difficulties I did, but I found it REALLY daunting to place an order on the PMI site (using Safari, with cookies always enabled).
    Never had any problems, using IE though.

TODAY!!?! Thanks for reminding me!!!

EDIT: Just got the order in. Thanks again for the reminder.

Mahlon

Just thought I'd bump this up to the top so that nobody forgets that it's ending today. I had a post-it note reminding me to order a few things, and I almost forgot.

On a side note...

I don't know if others are having the same kind of difficulties I did, but I found it REALLY daunting to place an order on the PMI site (using Safari, with cookies always enabled). Pages wouldn't load, or blank screens would come up. After working at it for about an hour, I got my order to go through (at least I think I did). Michiel, is there any possibility of going to a different service to make the process work better? I just have to believe that a lot of people get frustrated with trying to place an order for your products, and simply give up. I'll bet you lose a lot of sales that way.

I'm especially looking forward to the carillon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my order actually went through.

Lee Blaske

Go Back to forum