• Register
  • Help

Topic: Motherboard-CPU blown, need replacement - 2 IDE 3 RAM AGP 2 PCI

Share/Bookmark

Motherboard-CPU blown, need replacement - 2 IDE 3 RAM AGP 2 PCI

My motherboard and CPU have to be replaced. Earlier I had an A7N8X and AMD 2600+ (actually something less overclocked to 2600+). Now I will put in an AMD 3200+ . But I'm unable to find a new motherboard to match my earlier hardware list -

I have 3 IDE harddisks (120 120 and 250 GB), one IDE DVD Writer, 3 sticks of DDR RAM (512 512 and 1GB), one AGP graphics card and a PCI sound card.

I dont want to throw these as I cant spend too much money on new stuff at the moment. Can anyone suggest a motherboard with 2 IDE slots, 3 RAM slots, AGP and 2 PCI slots? Not too expensive will do. ASUS is preferred.

Re: Motherboard-CPU blown, need replacement - 2 IDE 3 RAM AGP 2 PCI

Quote Originally Posted by Neole
    My motherboard and CPU have to be replaced. Earlier I had an A7N8X and AMD 2600+ (actually something less overclocked to 2600+). Now I will put in an AMD 3200+ . But I'm unable to find a new motherboard to match my earlier hardware list -

I have 3 IDE harddisks (120 120 and 250 GB), one IDE DVD Writer, 3 sticks of DDR RAM (512 512 and 1GB), one AGP graphics card and a PCI sound card.

I dont want to throw these as I cant spend too much money on new stuff at the moment. Can anyone suggest a motherboard with 2 IDE slots, 3 RAM slots, AGP and 2 PCI slots? Not too expensive will do. ASUS is preferred.
    When I'm looking for older stuff I generally go to Ebay or one of the local computer shows.

I did a quick check at www.newegg.com. Looks like you'll have more options if you go to a socket 939 CPU.

Ernie

Re: Motherboard-CPU blown, need replacement - 2 IDE 3 RAM AGP 2 PCI

Thanks Ernie. Im browsing the site right now.

Go Back to forum