• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SoundClick... Any members out there?

Share/Bookmark

SoundClick... Any members out there?

I realize that SoundClick is primarily a site for individuals to post their songs, but I'm just curious to know if listeners actually pay the $1.00 - $5.00 download purchase?

Has anyone here actually made any money there,...or on any site?

…..Just wondering.

jeff

Re: SoundClick... Any members out there?

Quote Originally Posted by jsp2

I realize that SoundClick is primarily a site for individuals to post their songs, but I'm just curious to know if listeners actually pay the $1.00 - $5.00 download purchase?

Has anyone here actually made any money there,...or on any site?

…..Just wondering.

jeff
    jeff, I'm a member but used it mainly to listen to user demos.
    Gary Garritan

I just use it to host demo mp3's and odds and ends. I don't give them money

I have used soundclick to host my mp3's, but feel many GPO users don't like to go to the site because of the condition of asking one to join just toget to hear a member's mp3's.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Just a sidelight to this... many people are unaware that hosting has gotten ridiculously inexpensive -- as little as $1.00-2.00 a month (no kidding); and market domain name registration rates run around $8.00 a year (i.e., GoDaddy.com).

That is, having your own site is not an expensive option anymore -- though, of course, the various music hosting service sites do have their benefits, too.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    I have used soundclick to host my mp3's, but feel many GPO users don't like to go to the site because of the condition of asking one to join just toget to hear a member's mp3's.
    You don't have to join to listen. Try it- click the link in my sig.

No money on Soundclick ... just fame

(in theory)

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphal
    No money on Soundclick ... just fame

(in theory)

I don't think anyone is getting "discovered" on Soundclick. There are literally thousands of pages of pure... well let's be blunt: Crap. People who have no business making music. People who would embarass the people who were on the first round of American Idol tonight. And, to be fair, some people with tremendous talent- but who's going to find them through all that static??
    But, for giving freinds and contacts a place you can point them to hear your music, it's terrific.

One time in the history of the world, there was a thing called mp3.com... Since that was an artificial company, people made money on their music there from downloads, cause the company would pay you, not the people downloading... But it was all make believe money in the company, not sales, and the company wasn't making any money...

There is no money to be made from any mp3 download site because people will not pay to listen to an unknown artists work, and if you just have your songs so people can listen to them, that usually satisfies most people's curiosity.... The best you can get out of a place like Soundclick is that it gives you a place to send people to listen to your material... And that's always worthwhile...

But no unknown artist is making any money on the web from their music, and it would be interesting to know just how much money the known ones are making... Anyway, my two cents...

FredProgGH said:
    You don't have to join to listen. Try it- click the link in my sig.
    I guess I mistakenly heard that this was happening ath soundclick. I know that some responses to me regarding accessing my music were along the lines of difficulty in getting to MP3s.

I only use the site as a place to have GPO users hear my music.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum