• Register
  • Help

Topic: end credits, new one (updated!)

end credits, new one (updated!)

I posted the original track a week or two ago. Well, I worked on it and I finished it a few minutes ago.

Click here
    End Credits
    Chris Hurn, Garritan Personal Orchestra
    5:29 (mp3)

Let me know what you think!

Re: end credits, new one (updated!)

Nice work, Chris! Pretty, smoothly flowing melodies. I like it!

You are a talented bloke, mate!

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander

This was a wonderful piece!

Simplistic in form, yet very moving
    Your title seems appropriate. I could easily imagine this work in a film score.

Terrific job!

Your hard work shows, Chris, and it has rewarded you with a composition of which you can be unreservedly proud.

This is gorgeous... such modest chordal, rhythmic, and instrumentational resources used, really, yet the Coplandesque orchestration and astute harmonic voicing leads to a deeply moving richness. And the control and restraint of the materials -- that makes the piece; where lesser skills would likely have succumbed to the temptation to head off in a romp of excess.

End credits for a film, my foot.

This piece stands on its own magnificently.

Love the E-horn solo! This is a very lovely piece! Thanks for ending it in the low register. I love that it begins at a point where it almost feels devoid of hope, and gathers strength. No man is an island!!! If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less!!! Very enjoyable.

Thank you everyone for listening & giving your comments! Much appreciated.

Beautiful. What more can one say? I love the melodies, and the orchestration is great. Wonderful job!

My only critique is that at around 3:50, the bass really comes in. It may just be my speakers, but to me it sounded a bit too bassy; it would be nice it were countered and balanced with more higher frequencies. I of course heard those higher frequencies, but they just didn't seem loud enough to fully counter the power of the bass. Again, it could just be my speakers.

Regardless, this is a great work! You are indeed very talented, I hope I can look forward to more of your work. Keep it up!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I am at a loss for words...makes me wish that I could play piano like that...I am touched.

Good job,

Go Back to forum