• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Filmaker MacGregor is lookin for a composer

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Filmaker MacGregor is lookin for a composer

Hello guys, This is my first post. I found this community very helpful as silent observer, and love Garritan products.
    I'm writing this message to you because a friend of mine, called MacGregor, is lookin' for a composer for a movie that he's shooting. He's a very talented filmaker, trust me.

MacGregor is lookin' for someone capable to do something like you can hear in this sample movies shot by HIM:

http://personales.ya.com/elfabrica/test.similo.mov
    http://personales.ya.com/elfabrica/tribute.mov

This footage are *ALL* shot by Macgregor (!!!) but he used a soundtrack from a movie, I dunno what movie. It's not important. He would to know if someone is interested to produce some original music in the "same style".

If anyone is interested to his project, please contact him at:
    adhesivo1138@hotmail.com

Thanks to all.

Many regards,

Danilo Del Tufo

p.s.: sorry for my english, I'm not english native speaker.

Re: Filmaker MacGregor is lookin for a composer

Wow, so Mr. MacGregor got out of the farm biz and into movies!!

I agree, his cinematography looks terrific. I'd certainly be interested.

Oh..Thanks! Please contact him very soon, he has a very strong scheduled work.

Contact him to his email address adhesivo1138@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Many Regards

Danilo Del Tufo

hy Danilo,
    it sounds good to me.
    I cant listen to the vids now, i will do it later,
    but of course i'am very interested in doing the job if i can.

You can listen to my music on:
    http://www.andreas-max.de

I use:
    GPO
    VSL Opus
    EW
    EW Stormdrums
    VOTA

Sorry it's all in german.
    But use the demo link, where you can find some Audio and Video Examples.
    If this is the MacGregor like, so please send a PM

Sincerly Andy

Thumbs up Re: Filmaker MacGregor is lookin for a composer

I'm surprised. Out of a 138 views to this post there are not more interested. I would say quite the majority of members are skillful enough to at least give it a go.
    I strongly suggest others have a go at this as many opportunities as this one are rare indeed.
    My best wishes to those who submit! In no way am I associated with anyone from this offer, just a forum member who recognizes talented people.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'm surprised. Out of a 138 views to this post there are not more interested. I would say quite the majority of members are skillful enough to at least give it a go
    Hi Styx- I just looked out of curiosity, myself. Perhaps many forum members -like me- are busy enough working so have no reason, or time, to take on a voluntary project. Or they didn't relate to the music style in the clips.

My personal experience of doing jobs for free is that you can learn a lot from the composition and artistic discussion process; however, a possible downside is that sometimes, people don't respect as much,and take seriously, an artist and his work which hasn't cost them anything, as they otherwise might if they have paid for it (invested materially).

Of course, I'm absolutely not implying that that's the case here- just that it's important to be realistic about the task and the working relationship, and maybe even put down some agreed terms about deadlines, acceptance/rejection of music, technical requirements, mixing arrangements and so on.
    That way everybody knows what's expected and what they're getting into.

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'm surprised. Out of a 138 views to this post there are not more interested. I would say quite the majority of members are skillful enough to at least give it a go.
    I sent an introductory email to the hotmail address already, but wasn't going to post here. I was worried too many responses here might scare people off from giving it a go.

... so if anyone is too intimidated by these responses, blame Styxx!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Heck, I'd be interesting in knowing the location.

Eeerie cool.

How come I can't see the movies? I have QuickTime 7 and iTunes 6 on my PC, but all I get is a "done" signal when the supposed movie is downloaded and a "white" screen. No player for video or sound.

Anyone else experiencing difficulty downloading this project?

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Yeah, Jack, I'm having problems downloading it too. It plays until about halfway through, and then it stops and freezes (audio just gives a long electronic tone).

And I second the emotion expressed above -- I'm quite interested in doing something with this offer too, but I'm up to my ears in projects. That's the problem with these film opportunities -- whenever they come around, I feel like if you can't respond with material pretty much IMMEDIATELY, then you shouldn't bother because everybody else has already sent the guy stuff and he's probably made his decision.... does anyone else think that's a fair assumption? Or is the window of opportunity for these things longer (time-wise) than I'm assuming?

Would be interested to hear others' thoughts on this.

Steve
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Go Back to forum