• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to release your own album?

Share/Bookmark

How to release your own album?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hi,

Is there any good tips for creating your own label, releasing an album yourself?

1) Streaming app.for demoing song?
    2) Protection of song?
    3) Make compatible with I-tune?
    4) sell song to I-tune etc.
    5) make cover, text availble with I-Tune, Mediaplayer etc.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: How to release your own album?

Quote Originally Posted by SCARBEE
    Hi,

Is there any good tips for creating your own label, releasing an album yourself?

1) Streaming app.for demoing song?
    Wimpy player (www.wimpyplayer.com). Cheap to buy a license. Uses flash...anyone can listen through a web page without needing to install anything except flash (which most have anyway for web browsing). Streams MP3s that are hidden behind flash.

2) Protection of song?
    Using above...disable caching of the streaming MP3 through the flash player. Very simple to do in the customization page at the above website. There is no way of saving the MP3. Song could be recorded if someone really wanted to by using a line-out of the computer to record what is being sent to the speakers. But with what is involved to do it...most won't even bother. The ones who really want to not pay for the music will always find a way.
    3) Make compatible with I-tune?
    Make CDs though disk Makers (www.diskmakers.com) and you will be automatically sent on to CDBaby and iTunes for consideration.
    4) sell song to I-tune etc.
    See above.
    5) make cover, text availble with I-Tune, Mediaplayer etc.
    See above.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Wimpy player (www.wimpyplayer.com). Cheap to buy a license. Uses flash...anyone can listen through a web page without needing to install anything except flash (which most have anyway for web browsing). Streams MP3s that are hidden behind flash.

Using above...disable caching of the streaming MP3 through the flash player. Very simple to do in the customization page at the above website. There is no way of saving the MP3. Song could be recorded if someone really wanted to by using a line-out of the computer to record what is being sent to the speakers. But with what is involved to do it...most won't even bother. The ones who really want to not pay for the music will always find a way.
    Make CDs though disk Makers (www.diskmakers.com) and you will be automatically sent on to CDBaby and iTunes for consideration.
    See above.
    See above.

Hope this helps.
    I love you man!! Thanks Brian.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

You are very welcome. Good luck with it.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Go Back to forum