• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: On this day in Moscow........

Share/Bookmark

On this day in Moscow........

As a matter of interest and amusement,
    my thermometer on the frame just outside the kitchen window box is registering -31C, at this time, 4.42pm Thursday. The very attractive weather girl on the Telly is talking about -50 overnight.
    And thankfully the central heating is going flat out.

I have parchment, candles, quill and ink ready just in case the power goes off.
    Music first, personal comfort second!

Regards to all, and hope you're enjoying more temperate weather,

Alex.

p.s. I think i'll be wearing three socks to bed tonight.

Re: On this day in Moscow........

..and I thought we had bad weather in Paris..

Isn't the measured -50 C the first time in like 30 years there? The world climate is messed up alright...

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Isn't the measured -50 C the first time in like 30 years there? The world climate is messed up alright...
    Herman,
    That's the official figures. I have friends with aquaintances in Krasnoyarsk and north of there (Siberia), and they're suggesting it will get colder than that, closer to -60C.

Regards,

Alex.

UPDATE.....The temp on my little thermometer has just hit -33C. (5.39pm)

Well, good luck Alex. I hope the temperature rises there soon.

We should be well below freezing and buried in snow.... instead we've been well above freezing all month with rain. But, I'm not about to complain.

.....I triple dog dare ya to go out and lick the flag pool

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage59
    As a matter of interest and amusement,
    my thermometer on the frame just outside the kitchen window box is registering -31C, at this time, 4.42pm Thursday. The very attractive weather girl on the Telly is talking about -50 overnight.
    And thankfully the central heating is going flat out.
    In Italy we buy natural gas from Gazprom.

Supplies to our country have been cut off around -12%, last night. We have been told it's due to the extreme russian cold.

So, when you enjoy your warmy home consider that we could not cook because of Gazprom...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Dirk
    We should be well below freezing and buried in snow.... instead we've been well above freezing all month with rain. But, I'm not about to complain.

.....I triple dog dare ya to go out and lick the flag pool
    World weather's certainly changing. But i'd rather be in snow and thick coat than put up with endless grey drizzle. Being british i'm thoroughly sick of that.

Light breeze here at the moment that's pushing the temperature down.

I've been outside already, and it's certainly crisp.
    And yet there's still Russian women wandering around in furs, short skirts and tights.

Russia certainly is the land of the Princess!

Regards,

alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinablu
    In Italy we buy natural gas from Gazprom.

Supplies to our country have been cut off around -12%, last night. We have been told it's due to the extreme russian cold...

I've just watched the news China, and Gazprom are saying they've continued contracted supplies, just no extra at the moment. Russia has more than enough reserve to cope with the cold, so it may be that your government hasn't ordered enough in time. There's a lot of intent here to prove Russia is a reliable supplier, and Vladimir Putin has warned all the suppliers not to short change Europe, even after the Ukrainian issue.
    But on the bright side for Italy and Southern Central Europe, the
    russian/turkish pipeline has just come on line, so Ukraine's grip on gaspipe supply won't be an issue in the very near future.

With politicians involved, it's hard to know who's telling the truth, so i'm not sure who's right, but there's been more than one news item about Russia that i know has been untrue, so i'm a bit cynical about figures, and who's to blame.

Regards,

Alex.

-50 ... all the apple trees will die. That is really sad for the villagers ...

YBaCuO

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast