• Register
  • Help

Topic: Espaces désolés (Arabian Desert Piece)

Espaces désolés (Arabian Desert Piece)

Hi Everyone

I have recently bought myself (a late Christmas gift) a wonderful new toy called RoomverbM2. It is a very nice reverb plug-in and gives a very natural sound to GPO. I was so excited about the great sound, that I remixed some old GPO pieces with it. This one, I wrote some time ago, came out particularly nice with the sound and I thought that I would share it to anyone who wants to listen. It is just a fun piece and nothing very profound . The previous version of this piece has been posted hier before, so it is not new.

Espaces désolés dans le désert arabe (Arabian Rhapsody)

I hope you enjoy it, thank you for listening .
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Re: Espaces désolés (Arabian Desert Piece)

True to your title… definitely evokes images of Middle Eastern splendor.

The opening segment is very strong… loved the overlapping layers of buildup.!
    The repeating motif is very memorable, and the dramatic mood changes also conveys one of epic, or film score.

Great work Louis!

Love the piece -- but I believe I've said that previously, Louis! Very, very well done, both in the writing and the highly skillful orchestration, and thoroughly enjoyable. I've listened through this several times once again, with pleasure and admiration.

Great sound on this.

The one comment I might make (recalling that I listen on headphones) is that it might be mixed a little "wide" in places.

But overall -- boy, this is *sweet*... thanks for the heads up on this, Louis; I'm going to give RoomVerb M2 a look and a listen, myself.

Hi Louis
    This is thoroughly enjoyable.
    I think i agree with the fact that it sounds a bit wide. To me it sounds as if NO one is in the middle of the mix. Perhaps not, but headphones ( which I was wearing when listening) can be deceiving. The music is beautiful and you deserve many kudos for this.

I love the subtle tempo changes and also the variety in texture. excellent orchestration.

WELL DONE!!!!

Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Wonderful Composition. Evocative, exotic, even exciting (the Triple-E rating). I loved the eastern influences in an otherwise well-crafted classical composition. (a minor oddity was a couple of too-classical sounding motifs).

As for the mix, hmmm, ...

Your new reverb does give a very full, big sounding mix, but at the expense of an artificial space. I know that film music tends to have this overprocessed sheen to it also, so maybe this was your intent. The brass in particular, sounded like it was in a metallic room. I much prefer the warmth and woody sound of real halls. But still, this does not distract from the wonderful composition.

listen to my latest electronic ambient tone sagas:
    The Abyss http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1078
    Hope is never Extinguished http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1092

Thanks for listening everyone. And thanks for the comments. I agree about the panning. Because I live in a small apartment, I rarely have the time to listen on my speakers, and on the headphones I use its sometimes tricky to do a mix properly. So you're all right, it wasn't intentional, I simply didn't realize how wide the instruments were indeed spaced.

I appreciate your time for responding.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

This is some fine writing you've got there! I love eastern type influences. Enjoyed the reverb as well. Excellent work.

♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

I must have missed the original version of this... the reverb sounds great! The orchestration is also great, and the melodies are very catchy. Great tunes!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks Cata and Sean for the listen. I'm glad you liked the piece .
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

The sound is great !!! I wish I could write like this. I'm sure the largest part of the beuatifull sound that you got out of this is just from your orchestration but that reverb has me wanting to give it a try.

Love the style.
    (The Nut )

Go Back to forum