• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 3 orchestra stops audio (clicks) unexpectedly for about ¼ sec.

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 3 orchestra stops audio (clicks) unexpectedly for about ¼ sec.

I’ve used GIGA for a long time on WXP without any problems of any sort. Until one day I had to reformat my HD (which is in good shape) and reinstall everything. Everything is back to normal with the exception that after a few minutes of playing (any sample, in any mode, standalone o whatever) it stops the audio output for a very short time creating a click. I use the Tascam US 428 as the audio card.
    What I’ve tried: changing latency, buffer size, bits, freq range, disconnecting all devices from PC, internet as well, reinstalling the samples, hear the sound from headphones, speakers, change latency. Nothing works.
    HEEELP!!!! Thanks….

Re: Gigastudio 3 orchestra stops audio (clicks) unexpectedly for about ¼ sec.

If by "everything" you mean windows xp too, maybe some windows service was re-installed and now runs, but didn't run before? It could interrupt gigastudio periodically. Just an idea of something easy to check.

Take a look at your task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), click on the Processes tab, click on CPU, so that the hungriest process is at the top. See if anything pops up to the top during the click interval. Maybe you can kill that process and the problem will cease.

I agree with Gugliel that you probably have some process running that interferes every once in a while. You might apply some tweaks to your computer. Tascam has a short list that they recommend.

-JF

I did reinstall the whole WXP pro, and apparently it has the same services runnign now as before. It's a good thought and I've done plenty of services removing already. It does not help. I did read somethign about the Kernel driver thatinterrupts the signal sometimes and there is a hot fiz for that. I am going to try that, although that was for Gigastudio 2.x. Nothing to lose though. Thanks so much for the reply!!! Keep 'em coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Take a look at your task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), click on the Processes tab, click on CPU, so that the hungriest process is at the top. See if anything pops up to the top during the click interval. Maybe you can kill that process and the problem will cease.

I agree with Gugliel that you probably have some process running that interferes every once in a while. You might apply some tweaks to your computer. Tascam has a short list that they recommend.

-JF
    The task bar Idea is very good. I will do that too!

OK, tried all that. Killed all the process that had apprently nothign to do wuith the problem such as alg.exe, and cleaned up several network services since I disconnected the internet as well. I did all the optimization o nthe tascam giga and US 428 sites. It keeps doign the same thing. I connected the unit directly from the keyboard to see if there was a probem i nthe midi interface, tried several cables, listrened to the audio output directly from the us 428 and nothing. It keeps happening. The taskbar does not show anything out of the ordinary either. The most strange thing is that it worked perfectly before. I wonder if installign a system pack 2 or something would help. I will post any other progress..

Resolved

Believe or not the problem was a deffective multipe power outlet. I plugged the USB US 428 to a different power outlet the problem disappeared

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT. Sometimes the most obvious things are the ones that work.

Excellent! Signal routing and cables was my next guess. I need to lump power routing into that part of my knowledge base...

-JF

I take it back

For a minute I thought the power supply was the problem, but it started happening again soon after it. I kept thinking what was the problem again, and it seems that Gigastudio 3 Orchestra works a LOT better on windows for system pack 2. My newly installed Windows did not have trhe upgrade .

So, this is my message for all the felows who are having problems with GIgastudio 3 Orchestra on Windows. It works SUBSTANTIALLY better with the sp2. A lot more stable and the cpu usage is much less. Great. Every once in a while i still get a click here and there but very rarely and they are much less noticeable and I can deal with them.

Hope this info is good for someone some day..

Go Back to forum