• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Studio User Jumping Ship

Share/Bookmark

Giga Studio User Jumping Ship

Im fed up with gigastudio but Im a bit concerned about converting my 300gb Giga library to Kontakt, including VSL. How do you do this - with CD extract? Does it work relatively seemlessly?

Re: Giga Studio User Jumping Ship

Kontakt can convert Giga files.

fizbin

Gigastudio will come as VST plug in.

How does the performance compare? I max out my computer with giga and vstack and I believe kontakt is more stable but not quite as efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by flashman
    How does the performance compare? I max out my computer with giga and vstack and I believe kontakt is more stable but not quite as efficient?
    That’s probably a pretty accurate observation.

One thing you can do is use the purge function in K2 to free up some resources by getting rid of samples in memory that are no longer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion
    One thing you can do is use the purge function in K2 to free up some resources by getting rid of samples in memory that are no longer needed.
    Yeah that's a great feature... I use it all the time. I did however need to purchase a faster hard drive to work with K2. Probably because of all the 24-bit samples I've accumulated. It more robust compared to v1.53 and CPU resources seem to be tapped a bit more. On board Giga conversions are good for simple things... CDXtract would be my first choice for more complicated libraries but don't expect miracles. All in all, I'm happy with it.

Good luck,
    Jon

Halion User Jumping Ship!

I'm also considering jumping ship from Halion to Kontakt. - I like the purge memory feature in Kontakt, and the ability to load a program (for editing purposes for example) without pre-loading all the samples first. (A feature Halion doesn't have). - However, in playing with the Kontakt 2 demo with TBO, I noticed a few pops and clicks when using Xavier's True Resonance behaviour. - Either I have not got my settings correct, or it's not as efficient as Halion - does Kontakt have a pre-load setting, to adjust how much of the sample is loaded into RAM, like Halion does?

Go Back to forum