• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Galactic Organ Duet (2 Organs)

Share/Bookmark

Galactic Organ Duet (2 Organs) (site functional again)

The two organ version of Galactic Organ is now finished. If performed as I envisage, it should make the furniture rumble, rattle the fillings in your teeth, and cause you to believe that Armageddon is imminent. I don't know for sure if a dual console pipe organ could manage this, or if one or both organs would be electronic. Either way, you will be wide awake for 5 minutes.

Galactic Organ (duet)
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=81110

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. .

Re: Galactic Organ Duet (2 Organs)

Surreal, almost a Sci-fi feel...Plan 9 from outer space!! believe me this piece blows that movie out of the water, but the vibe...oh yes, the vibe.

My compliments,
    Very good,

Paul

As you know, Richard, I was more than a great deal taken with this piece in its initial rendition a short time ago.

My high opinion has not changed -- and the pipe organ duet... only proves that acquiring a taste for Richard Wayland is a worthwhile endeavor.

As a matter of practicality, I believe there are some larger organs around that do have dual consoles, and antiphonal arrangements of pipe banks that may be suitable... so the work might indeed well be performed.

One fellow you might ask is Jonathan Orwig, quite an organist and scholar of the literature (and I assume the instruments). He's around the forum from time to time, though I don't recollect his username.

Bravo once again on this, of course!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

I would like to hear the dual organ rendition, but keep getting "SQL connection failure" when I try the link.

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    The two organ version of Galactic Organ is now finished. If performed as I envisage, it should make the furniture rumble, rattle the fillings in your teeth, and cause you to believe that Armageddon is imminent. I don't know for sure if a dual console pipe organ could manage this, or if one or both organs would be electronic. Either way, you will be wide awake for 5 minutes.

Galactic Organ (duet)
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=81110

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis
    I would like to hear the dual organ rendition, but keep getting "SQL connection failure" when I try the link.
    Yes, the Sibelius site, where my home page is, has been down for hours. I am frustrated, as this is delaying the upload of another piece, and preventing access to all 156 or so of my works. I will send you a pm when it is restored. All I can do is wait and stew, and think about a better arrangement.

Richard

Re: Galactic Organ Duet (2 Organs)(back on line!!)

Well, the site is on line again!

Richard

Re: Galactic Organ Duet (2 Organs) (site functional again)

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    ....cause you to believe that Armageddon is imminent.
    Yes indeed. I did quake and fear for my life. This is so much better now, Richard. Should I ever get married again, I'll have this played in lieu of Lohengrin, lol.

Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

I really like this!

Perhaps it's the context. It definitely evokes images of surrealistic/ future strangeness. (madness?)

I liked this, but something tells me if I listened often…..my head would
    explode!

jeff

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    One fellow you might ask is Jonathan Orwig, quite an organist and scholar of the literature (and I assume the instruments). He's around the forum from time to time, though I don't recollect his username.

Bravo once again on this, of course!

David
    -
    A scholar?

Surely you jest...

There are a number of organs in the USA with dual consoles - 2 which come immediately to mind are the Crystal Cathedral and 1st Congregational in LA. In France (and other parts of Europe) it is often common to have more than one organ in a large church, which would also fill the bill.

I'm slowly catching up on Forum posts, since I have been away for a week suffering on the beach in Maui, Hawaii

I'll comment on richard's piece when I've had a chance to catch up with my reading/listening

Cheerio,

Quote Originally Posted by giwro_jon
    A scholar?

Surely you jest...

There are a number of organs in the USA with dual consoles - 2 which come immediately to mind are the Crystal Cathedral and 1st Congregational in LA. In France (and other parts of Europe) it is often common to have more than one organ in a large church, which would also fill the bill.

I'm slowly catching up on Forum posts, since I have been away for a week suffering on the beach in Maui, Hawaii
    See? As I said, a scholar -- and this is doubly proven by the fact that he has recently endured an entire week of suffering.

(I suffered like that in Maui some years ago, and have never forgotten it.)

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Post Scriptum:
    Gosh, I still owe you an email, Jonathan... behind as usual! Want to listen to the pieces prior to a reply.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast