• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler and Windows 98SE

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler and Windows 98SE

Does anyone else have trouble with GS and Win98SE? I cant seem to get a peep out of GS after upgrading to Win98SE. GS seem to respond to MIDI but no sound comes out.

Re: Gigasampler and Windows 98SE

Check your sound card. Did Windows 98SE automajically install the WDM drivers for card? Big brother has a way of doing stuff like that. In any case, GigaSampler doesn\'t work with WDM style drivers. Just update the drivers to use the old drivers. If this is not your problem, then I am stumped. I have a couple of systems with Win98SE and GS - no problems. I betcha it the sound card/WDM issue.

Joe (NemeSys)

Thanks for the response. I have a Diamond MX300 card wich worked perfectly under old Win98. Under Win98SE the Diamond drivers will not work at all with GS so I installed Aureal\'s reference drivers instead. With the Aureal drivers GS recognize the card with outputs and all but no sound comes out. I thought it was a problem with DirectX 7.0 that I installed just before running GS so I reinstalled Win98SE fresh and added the Aureal drivers but still the same problem. I will try to install old Win98 when i have the time to see if I can get it to work.

I have given up on trying to get my Monster Sound MX300 card working with GS. I tried installing old Win98 but got the same problem there. I whipped out my ol\' AWE64 and it worked perfectly with GS. I just routed the output on the AWE to the Line in on the MX300.

Go Back to forum