• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jazz Cue for Violin

Jazz Cue for Violin

Here's a piece for violin, viola, cello (as bass) and drums. Please give it a listen and let me know what you think It's all over in the blink of an eye.

I'm sure you'll recognize the samples.

Jazz Cue for Violin

Out of my Mind

Thumbs up Re: Jazz Cue for Violin

Man! This is smokin'!
    I can't tell what libraries you used - it sounds real to me.
    This is my kinda thing - more please!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thumbs up Re: Jazz Cue for Violin

Original stuff... great work!! I'd like to the know samples as I'm not too versed in all the libs. Thanks!

Re: Jazz Cue for Violin

What an interesting cue!!! I liked the whole feel of it.
    No idea what the Libs are though.
    Good Stuff.

cool! Let's see.....Garritan Stradivari...Garritan drums... and maybe VSL for the cello or all Garritan? Also, it seems as though the drums are brushes yet I hear the ride cymbal is either rods or sticks. That and the ride continuing through fills make the drums slightly less believable. I must say I had to listen hard through phones and I'm not quite sure about that so forgive me if I'm mistaken. Also, it's not quite swinging -slightly "midi" stiff.However the drum programmimg is outstanding overall as is the whole piece. It makes for a great cue=conjures up urban scenarios for me. Overall inspiring for me.

Thanks Brian. Thanks Matt. Thanks Joaz.

Thanks Artsoundz.

No. Neither Garritan nor VSL. The strings are from the same library. The brush kit is a Sonic Implants drum kit.

Good ears! Your right about the brushes. Ordinarily they can't provide a very discrete or crisp ride pattern--unless perhaps they are a pair of Blasticks which are much stiffer--sort of between a brush and a stick--but I don't think that's what they used in the sampling of the kit. The ride pattern is flat at points, just riding the tempo and then playing a little before the beat. No quantizing--just my own stiff playing.

Process of elimination: How many libraries are there?

Doh! Hmmm strings.....Have'nt a clue
    I do the same w/ rides. Regardless if it's"legal" playing I sometimes could care less if the ride is still going-it ultimately sounds good. Same with integrating sticks on cymbals w/ brushes. It just sounds good.ya know? Besides- clients could never tell anyway. Are the strings Kirk Hunter?

That's another string library you've eliminated.

I think I could do this piece with the KH strings, but it sounded nice with these samples.

What other candidates are there? The field is narrowing...

Platinum XP Pro close mic samples.

You're right on the button.

Go Back to forum