• Register
  • Help

Topic: LPC Guitar legato with Gigastudio

Share/Bookmark

LPC Guitar legato with Gigastudio

Not sure if any other LPC users have had this problem, but I'm having trouble getting any of the legato patches for LPC Guitar library to work right. For example, I loaded up the single sustain file and programmed some overlapping notes in my sequencer (Cubase) and when I play them back, the legato slides aren't triggered and neither are hammer-ons and offs, it just plays the regular sustains. I can't seem to get vibrato control either with the mod wheel. I can get legato to work with other giga libraries without problems, but I'm still relatively new with Gigastudio (only been using it for a couple of months) so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I resaved the sustain files in Giga Editor as it was recommended in the install notes (just resaved, didn't mess with them). I just can't think of what the problem might be. Any ideas?

On another note, while I was originally unzipping the the library from the discs, I got "are you sure you want to replace this file with this file" messages and I just clicked YES TO ALL. Should I have done this? I thought it was kind of strange for it to ask that.

Re: LPC Guitar legato with Gigastudio

I feel like I need a week to devote to LPC. My first impression is that some things do not seem to be working right, btu I do not know if that is because of user error. For example, I thought there were some files where I could not get a sound. I hesitate to even post this because it is highly likely I am just screwing something up.

I wish there was an LPC forum somewhere.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogles
    Not sure if any other LPC users have had this problem, but I'm having trouble getting any of the legato patches for LPC Guitar library to work right. For example, I loaded up the single sustain file and programmed some overlapping notes in my sequencer (Cubase) and when I play them back, the legato slides aren't triggered and neither are hammer-ons and offs, it just plays the regular sustains. I can't seem to get vibrato control either with the mod wheel. I can get legato to work with other giga libraries without problems, but I'm still relatively new with Gigastudio (only been using it for a couple of months) so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I resaved the sustain files in Giga Editor as it was recommended in the install notes (just resaved, didn't mess with them). I just can't think of what the problem might be. Any ideas?

On another note, while I was originally unzipping the the library from the discs, I got "are you sure you want to replace this file with this file" messages and I just clicked YES TO ALL. Should I have done this? I thought it was kind of strange for it to ask that.
    Please be sure to be playing a Realtime Legato Slide instrument which its name includes '_rtsl_'.

If you are playing '_rtsl_' but Legato doesn't work, please specify the instrument's name. (not .gig file's name).

With LPC controller chart, you can find which instruments are the Realtime Legato Slide ones.

If you are using GS3, you don't need to install the GS 2.0 discs.

All you need to install is;

Distortion Disc1
    Distortion Disc2
    Clean Disc1

The three disc are labeled as 'GIGA STUDIO 3.0', the others are labeled as
    ''GIGA STUDIO 2.0'.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihito Okawa
    Please be sure to be playing a Realtime Legato Slide instrument which its name includes '_rtsl_'.

If you are playing '_rtsl_' but Legato doesn't work, please specify the instrument's name. (not .gig file's name).

With LPC controller chart, you can find which instruments are the Realtime Legato Slide ones.

Hmmm... interesting, I'm not seeing any that include '_rtsl_'. Right now I'm testing "01_s_sustain_opt" (the distortion version). Should that have legato functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by Akihito Okawa
    If you are using GS3, you don't need to install the GS 2.0 discs.

All you need to install is;

Distortion Disc1
    Distortion Disc2
    Clean Disc1

The three disc are labeled as 'GIGA STUDIO 3.0', the others are labeled as
    ''GIGA STUDIO 2.0'.
    Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that. I do have Gigastudio 3 and I installed all of the giga discs. Do you think that might have caused a problem?

I think so.

You might have overwritten the GS3 files with the GS2 ones.
    I recommend you to erase all the files and re-install only;

Distortion Disc1
    Distortion Disc2
    Clean Disc1

and you'll get the Realtime Legato Slide.

Go Back to forum