• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GOS query

Share/Bookmark

GOS query

How does Garritan Orchestral Strings stand next to VSL, East West, Kirk Hunter etc. The group buy looks a good deal in USA (although less so once shipping and taxes are paid to the UK).
    I'll be buying EWSO Gold, and thought of getting the VSL Opus bundle, but if GPO strings are essential sonic arsenal....
    It's a shame that Garritan is ambiguous about Kontakt scripts as I'd be more inclined to jump if they were in the pipe-line.

Steve

Re: GOS query

I have Gold and was leaning towards OPUS 1 but now I'm reconsidering the GOS deal to save some money and adding some other libraries as I go. I'm in the same boat...except I use GIGA..

The GOS library is incredible. The layout and organization of the sounds and the manual is amazing.
    Incredible deal,

Here is Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber
    I did this last year with GOS by ear from a Telarc CD of St. Louis Symphony.

dpDan

The Adagio has a very lovely quality.

Best,
    Jay

I have some VSL, KH Emerald, EW Gold, and my latest purchase GOS. GOS is truly a terrific Library. The string sounds are very rich and clean. Loads of articulations and also tools for midi control. What Gary is offering is a terrific offer for NS forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    I have some VSL, KH Emerald, EW Gold, and my latest purchase GOS. GOS is truly a terrific Library. The string sounds are very rich and clean. Loads of articulations and also tools for midi control. What Gary is offering is a terrific offer for NS forum members.
    Hi,
    can you tell me what these tools are for midi control and how useable is this out of the box?
    I have amazing tools at my disposal with my DAW and Kontakt 2 etc, and although programming beyond switching on a computer isn't really my thing, if it's worth the sweat.....
    Steve

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hey, for $200, this is a no-brainer decision. I would not hesitate to take advantage of the price. It's probably one of the best "deals" that has ever come along.

I am talking about the maestro tools. Its similar to the VSL performance tool. It sits between the controller or midi data and the sampler. I primarily use it with GS3, but I did convert it to use with K2, so I can try some scripts with it. There is even a special edition translator (Chickensys) just for GOS. This is definitely a really awesome deal.

Here is an article Bruce wrote about GOS

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/article...8?OpenDocument

I was up until 3:30 this morning listening to demos...I knew I would be kicking myself if I didn't take advantage of this offer....just finished ordering!

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    I am talking about the maestro tools. Its similar to the VSL performance tool. It sits between the controller or midi data and the sampler. I primarily use it with GS3, but I did convert it to use with K2, so I can try some scripts with it. There is even a special edition translator (Chickensys) just for GOS. This is definitely a really awesome deal.

Here is an article Bruce wrote about GOS

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/article...8?OpenDocument
    Hi! How did it convert to K2? Any problems at all? I'm on a Mac and so GS3 is a no go.
    Thanks!
    Steve

Go Back to forum