• Register
  • Help

Topic: SHould I put Kontakt 2 on my second computer?

Share/Bookmark

SHould I put Kontakt 2 on my second computer?

My main audio computer is optimized for audio recording, I have the 3 hard drives, 2 gigs ram, etc. I just purchased Kontakt 2 for my EWQL libraries. One reason I purchased K2 is because it can store 16 instruments in VST mode vs. the 8 of the regular kompakt player. I understand that K2 in stand alone mode can host up to 64 instruments using 4 different midi ports. But if I am going to use K2 as a stand alone, it is probably better for me to do so in my second computer which I have ot used as part of my set up because it was never optimized for audio recording as it is my general work computer but now I am considering using it for Kontakt 2 to reduce CPU usage on my regular audio rig.

Just looking for advice before I install it. WHat do you think?

Re: SHould I put Kontakt 2 on my second computer?

You can install Kontakt 2 on 2 machines. So that shouldn't be an issue. You can also look into programs such as FXTeleport that allow you to use Kontakt 2 as VST on a remote machine. This eliminates the need for MIDI connections and soundcards on the 2nd machine.

Re: SHould I put Kontakt 2 on my second computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    You can install Kontakt 2 on 2 machines. So that shouldn't be an issue. You can also look into programs such as FXTeleport that allow you to use Kontakt 2 as VST on a remote machine. This eliminates the need for MIDI connections and soundcards on the 2nd machine.
    And maybe one of these days, they will finally release the cross platform version of FXTeleport. I can't wait as my DAW is on a MAC and I use a PC for additional libraries. Right now I run Kontakt 2 in VSTack on the PC and as a VST in Logic on my Mac. That way I can run as many instances of Kontakt 2 as I need, sometimes 3 or 4 on each machine.

Go Back to forum