• Register
  • Help

Topic: Connecting SB Live to Roland VS-880

Share/Bookmark

Connecting SB Live to Roland VS-880

Even though I have some \"top-of-the-line\" string samples (Miroslav and Advanced Orchestra) as well as two Roland sound modules (M-GS64 (general MIDI) and M-SE1 (String Ensemble)), some of the best sounding (and most realistic) strings I have generated on my computer are from the \"String Ensemble 1\" patch on my SB Live sound card (via the 8MB GM Soundfont that comes with the SB Live). Question. I understand how to connect the outputs of my sound modules and my Aark 20/20+ card to the inputs on my Roland VS-880 hard disk recorder. How do I connect the SB Live to the VS-880 so that I can record the above mentioned SB Live string patch on the VS-880? If this information helps, I am using Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 as my sequencer. Another question. What is the most realistic sounding sound card on the market that generates orchestral sounds (especially string ensemble sounds) that are \"hard-wired\" on the sound card? What kind of inputs and outputs exist on such a card? Many thanks in advance. Denny

Re: Connecting SB Live to Roland VS-880

denny,
    i am using CS aand advanced orchestra. have you any idea how one can write scores in sibelius and get them to sound correctly using GS and AO?

richjune

Go Back to forum