• Register
  • Help

Topic: Layla from Event Electronics

Share/Bookmark

Layla from Event Electronics

I\'m planning to buy a giga sampler with a new
    computer. Does anybady have experience with the Layla Sound Card?

Re: Layla from Event Electronics

layla works good with gs, but the drivers wont let you share the card with cubase,ect. i installed a sb live card and use it with gs and go spdif out to layla spdif in. why cant audio programs share an audio card?

event is making multiclient drivers very soon a little over sight on their part I guess. I think the next version is 5.0

Hello everyone,

So am i to understand that the Gina card will work with GS. If Wavelab is on the same computer, will it be able to access the Gina card?

That is, will it run on its own with the gigasampler not booted up? Or is it that they cannot run simultaneously.

Regards

John

Hello everyone,

So am i to understand that the Gina card will work with GS. If Wavelab is on the same computer, will it be able to access the Gina card?

That is, will it run on its own with the gigasampler not booted up? Or is it that they cannot run simultaneously.

Regards

John

I use GS with the Event Gina, and it works perfectly. If you mean can you run Gigasampler and edit your samples in it by opening them into Wavelab and doing your plugin type stuff then saving and auditioning the sound straight away in GS then, yes, that\'s exactly what I and many others do. When you edit sounds in the GSedit program and select a sound to edit in an external editor, I guess GS must hand over the soundcard briefly to Wavelab until you save the file in wavelab, then it reverts back to GSedit.

Go Back to forum