• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: PICTURES at a NAMM Exhibition!!

Share/Bookmark

PICTURES at a NAMM Exhibition!!

Dweezil Zappa at the NI and Garritan booths:

Doyle Donehoo and Dweezil

Dinner with some of the Northern Sounds gang - PapaChalk, DeSound, Dave, Seb, Tom, Amy, Chris Caouette, Jeff Hurchalla, Doyle Donehoo, Haydn, and others:

Eric Persing from Spectrosonics / Jim Ortner and sample developer Kirk Hunter:

PapaChalk and DeSound with George Duke / Jim Ortner with George Duke:

The Continuum controller / Jack and Lauri from Notion talking to Christopher Stone from Audio Impressions:

The continuum fingerboard controller was very impressive. Real time vibrato control and glissando. An expressive controller like this is needed to break away from the limitations of midi keyboards. Very cool!

Terry Lawlwss from U2, and my daughter Jenny:

John Paulson, President of MakeMusic and Gary Green, Vice President of Steinway and Sons:

Re: PICTURES at a NAMM Exhibition!!

Larry Seyers and Jim VanBuskirk showing the new Giga Virtual Instruments at the Tascam booth:

Steve Oppenheimer, Editor of electronic Musician with Gary Green, Vice President of Steinway and Sons / Eric Schandall, Head Technician from Steinway and Sons, and Jeff Hurchalla:

Amusetech's MuseBook Tablet Notation program:

Software follows what you play and tracks where you are performing and even turns the pages for you.

Peter Gorges from M-Audio enjoying some Starbucks / Digidesign booth:

Peter and Digi were announcing their new ProTools instruments

Forum members Chris Caouette and composer Danny Lux:

Jeremy Silver, President of Sibelius at the poolside with the NAMM convention Center in the background:

David Battino, editor of O’Reilly’s Digital Audio / Nick Batzdorf, VI Magazine editor:

Craig Anderton giving a demonstration at the Abelton booth:

Eitan and his cool Zen Drum controller / The Concert Organ workstation by Audio Impressions:

The concert organ is a 192 kHz sample library with several manuals and 3-screen touch displays to put 3D realistic organ stop control atones fingertips. Very cool.
    The were also announcing an upcoming high resolution orchestral library.

Martin Jann from Native Instruments, Jim Casella from TapSpace, Jeff Hurchalla and Jim Ortner:

Hollywood composer Mark Isham and Tyler Parkinson, his assistant:

The Alesis Fusion workstation / Steve Howell and Jim Norman from Alesis:

Ernie Rideout, Editor of Keyboard Magazine, being given a demonstration of the Stradivari by Strad virtuoso Jim Ortner:

Party Time: The Electronic Musician Party and later that evening the Cakewalk/Microsoft Party at the Pulse Lounge:

Paul Mirkovich from INXS: RockStar / Composer Shawn Clement at the Cakewalk/Microsoft party at the Pulse Lounge:

Forum mbember Ken-P (and GPO Competition winner) and Shiori from Crypton Music:

Paul White, Editor of Sound on Sound Magazine, being given a demonstration of the Stradivari by Stadmeister Jim Ortner:

Starbucks with Stephen Croes, Dean of Music Technology and Kurt Beiderwolf, Chair of Music synthesis at Berklee College of Music. We were discussing our return visit to Berklee in the spring:

Julie Sopoci and Beth Sorenson from MakeMusic - and Tom Hopkins:

Athan Billias, Marketing Manager of Yamaha and Dennis Stanfil, Education Consultant at Yamaha

Steve Barden, forum member, and Jeanott Welter:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Met so many wonderful people. I enjoyed meeting many people from the forum and in the industry in person. It was a great time at NAMM this year and a very successful show.

Gary Garritan

Jenny is very pretty Gary!!!

Thank you for all the pics, I feel like I have been there.

dp

Wow, I second Dan's comment re your daughter Jenny! I wish I was 40 yrs younger!!

Thanks a lot for these photos Gary. What a treat to see the faces behind the characters! Some surprises for me........for example, why would I have thought that Kirk Hunter was older than he appears? Also I want to know what diet Jim Ortner has been on.....I'm sure he wasn't as fit looking in the first photos I saw of him

regards

Frank

Wow! What a goofy grin on my face in the Ernie Rideout picture! You could tell it was getting to the end of the last day.

Frank, I've been on Weight Watchers for the last 3 years. I've lost 60 pounds and now I'm basically on a maintenance diet to keep the weight off.

Jim

Thumbs up Re: PICTURES at a NAMM Exhibition!!

Thanks so much for the pictures!
    Those were great to see! I could really feel the excitement from the
    pictures And I also think your daughter is very pretty too!

What was "The Dweez" doing at your booth? Rockin'?
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    What was "The Dweez" doing at your booth? Rockin'?
    The Dweez was getting a demo of the Strad and JABB. He is already a GPO user. Dweezil was also giving a performance at the Native Instruments booth. The Dweez is totally cool

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum