• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: "Flute Showcase #22"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Flute Showcase #22"

    This is my "Flute Showcase #22" featuring the GPO Solo Flute V and two insertions of the GPO harpsichord.

    Larry A.

    http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...Showcase22.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    I'm still digesting the piece you wrote while making coffee this morning.

    Larry, perhaps you want to check this... I don't know if it's my ears or a slip with the mix, but I barely hear the flute, way, way, way in back...

    Something on my end?

    D.
    .

  3. #3

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I'm still digesting the piece you wrote while making coffee this morning.

    Larry, perhaps you want to check this... I don't know if it's my ears or a slip with the mix, but I barely hear the flute, way, way, way in back...

    Something on my end?

    D.
    .
    You've finally gone crackers, Dave, or you have the "Beethoven Syndrome" and can't hear flutes.

    No, you're OK. I had a bad conversion from Sonar to .wav and .mp3. I have now corrected it.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    You've finally gone crackers, Dave, or you have the "Beethoven Syndrome" and can't hear flutes.

    No, you're OK. I had a bad conversion from Sonar to .wav and .mp3. I have now corrected it.

    LGA
    Whadayamean "finally"... lol... been that way for years (crackers).

    Strong piece, Larry -- always like these "showcase" jobbers.

    Might maybe stick in a bit of rubato here and there -- this piece has sort of the hand-in-the-air flourish feel at points, be fitting.

    Neat, that flute blast-off toward the end, like that.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Whadayamean "finally"... lol... been that way for years (crackers).

    Strong piece, Larry -- always like these "showcase" jobbers.

    Might maybe stick in a bit of rubato here and there -- this piece has sort of the hand-in-the-air flourish feel at points, be fitting.

    Neat, that flute blast-off toward the end, like that.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Thanks, Dave. I'm glad that you liked it. I tried some smoothing effects on the flute thirty-second notes to no avail. I even tried sustain pedal on the short notes with no results.

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Thanks, Dave. I'm glad that you liked it. I tried some smoothing effects on the flute thirty-second notes to no avail. I even tried sustain pedal on the short notes with no results.

    Larry A.
    You know I always have expert advice for problems like this, Larry -- and here it is:

    Ask someone who knows.

    Heck, I'm constantly struggling with this stuff, myself, and generally get where I'm going sheerly by mistake... lol.

    D.
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    Very nice, Larry. You are a tough man to keep up with! A man who oozes counterpoint.

    Always an admirer,
    Joe

  8. #8

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Very nice, Larry. You are a tough man to keep up with! A man who oozes counterpoint.

    Always an admirer,
    Joe
    Gosh, I hope there's some kind of ointment for that.

    D.
    .

  9. #9
    Senior Member Tovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    PX3-993312 - Galetra Galaxy
    Posts
    108

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    LGA, I must say I LOVE THIS piece I have listened to it about 50 times today and it warms my heart as a flute player in his time of depression!!!! Thank you so much.
    Ke Yang (OMG I'm using mah name)
    Insert Useless Advertisement Here

    My Work List With GPO

    Note: You might have noticed there's nothing there, yet. Massive editing going on.

  10. #10

    Re: "Flute Showcase #22"

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Very nice, Larry. You are a tough man to keep up with! A man who oozes counterpoint.

    Always an admirer,
    Joe
    My thanks to you, Joe.

    I have been to the doctor concerning the counterpoint oozing problem. He wasn't able to help me.

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •