• Register
  • Help

Topic: That BIG BRASS sound?

Share/Bookmark

That BIG BRASS sound?

Yes, I underwear Sam horns will be a part of GPOA, right? OK, so, I've been working on the railroad all the liverloin day ... oops, sorry. OK, I've been working on "Uranus" (now stop that! I know what your thinking! ) Hemingway, the piece intros with a heavy fortissimo in the brass and I think I have actually captured a near perfect rendition of the effect using GPO brass and JABB brass. Except, I can't post it ... I don't know how it works! Goodbye! Goodbye!
    Back to Kansas Dorothy!
    Oh yeah I almost forgot a bit of venting! NOW IF I ONLY CAN GET THIS STUPID DAW TO STOP CRACKLING AND POPING!
    Where's my motorcycle!
    Styxx

Re: That BIG BRASS sound?

Styx,

If you save it as an mp3 file and post it on your website, we'd all be able to check out "Uranus" (sorry, couldn't resist). All you need to do is post the link to the url on your website where the mp3 is and we'd click on it and be wowed by your attempt. If you can't do that, I could even host it on mydocsonline for you and you could post the link to it.

Regards,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Yes, I underwear Sam horns will be a part of GPOA, right? OK, so, I've been working on the railroad all the liverloin day ... oops, sorry. OK, I've been working on "Uranus" (now stop that! I know what your thinking! ) Hemingway, the piece intros with a heavy fortissimo in the brass and I think I have actually captured a near perfect rendition of the effect using GPO brass and JABB brass. Except, I can't post it ... I don't know how it works! Goodbye! Goodbye!
    Back to Kansas Dorothy!
    Oh yeah I almost forgot a bit of venting! NOW IF I ONLY CAN GET THIS STUPID DAW TO STOP CRACKLING AND POPING!
    Where's my motorcycle!
    Styxx...you are prohibited from sequencing this piece by Gustav Holst because it has a very prominent EUPHONIUM part. All pieces containing EUPHONIUM must go through the EUPHONIUM POLICE for scrutiny. (Yeah, scrutiny you, too!) What did you use for the Tenor Tuba part???

PS-what's all this about SPAM horns? Egg, bacon, sausage & SPAM horns...shut those Vikings up!! Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam,...

If the EUPHONIUM POLICE discover that you have used the sucky, ripping sheet metal trombone instead of the noble tenor tuba (EUPHONIUM), your copy of JABB will again disappear and Gary will be instructed not to send you yet another (what a macaroon!). Additionally, critical parts of your anatomy will be removed without warning or ether. (obviously, we are not talking about the brain here.)
    FAILURE TO HEED THIS WARNING WILL YIELD CONSEQUENCES SO DIRE THAT...I can't...I just can't describe the horror...oh, the humanity!!!

Firmly, yet lovingly...International Euphonium Police
    Swiss Officer Willson, badge 2905
    Japanese Deputy Yamaha, Badge 321
    British Sovereign Besson, Charter 768

GPO-A needs at least one EUPHONIUM, ideally more.

ALL GPO USERS: If you value your sniveling, pathetic existence...all pieces containing euphonium or tenor tuba MUST be submitted to the euphonium police before being submitted or saved to MP3. ANY attempt to substitute a
    sucky, ripping sheet metal trombone will be dealt with by the full forces of musical taste and common sense.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Yeah, what Jim Said!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    Styx,

If you save it as an mp3 file and post it on your website, we'd all be able to check out "Uranus" (sorry, couldn't resist). All you need to do is post the link to the url on your website where the mp3 is and we'd click on it and be wowed by your attempt. If you can't do that, I could even host it on mydocsonline for you and you could post the link to it.

Regards,

Tim
    Well, to be honest with you ... there's a lot I don't know how to do pertaining to that site and this is just one! It's probably simple stupid but I just never knew how.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum