• Register
  • Help

Topic: Electronic Guitars: new: RMX, REX2 & WAV formats

Share/Bookmark

Smile Electronic Guitars: new: RMX, REX2 & WAV formats

Howdy All!

I just want to take a moment to introduce Nine Volt Audio’s latest release: Electronic Guitars Vol 1.

Ever worked on a track with traditional instrumentation and found it needed a sound that had an electronic edge to it, but was still “organic”? OR…

Ever worked on an electronic track and found it needed an organic sound, but every time a “traditional” instrument was added the track lost its electronic-ness? (Is that a word? J)

This collection of 500+ loops was created, amongst other reasons, to help keep the flow and vibe of your tracks in situations like these!

Also, I wanted to present a loop collection that would compliment and compete with the tempo flexibility that users of Stylus RMX have become accustomed to, so I took a new approach to the recording of Electronic Guitars. As a result, EVERY LOOP in the Stylus, REX and Refill formats can be used at any tempo, DOWN TO 60 BPM, without breaking up! You can read more about the recording “process” on the specs page of www.ninevoltaudio.com .

Lastly, feel free to check out the MP3, Stylus RMX format and ReFill format demos. As usual, the demos can be used in your tracks royalty free, so there’s nothing to lose by checking them out!

I hope you dig the new sounds!

Sincerely,
    Kyle
    www.ninevoltaudio.com
    info@ninevoltaudio.com

PS: If you are a past customer and did not receive the email to purchase at a discount, feel free to email me directly!

Re: Electronic Guitars: new: RMX, REX2 & WAV formats

Although I've only had the Nine Volt Audio Collection (which includes Electronic Guitars) for a couple of days, I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this product. Fantastic stuff!

Nick

-----------------------
    www.messhead.com

I second all positive vibes towards Nine Volt -- these are great tools for many situations, from adding some swirling organic spice to a breakdown, to inspiring entire songs.

Having already used their other sets, I bought this one without even thinking -- it's a no-brainer for me. This stuff sounds that good, and works that well in RMX, that all I need to know is: "It's from Nine Volt..."

Seriously.

I downloaded the demos, they sound great and work flawlessly inside of RMX! As soon as it is in the budget I will purchase this library.

Smile Re: Electronic Guitars: new: RMX, REX2 & WAV formats

Dear Trace, Nick, and TokyoTrain,

I sincerely appreciate the kind words.
    I'm really glad that you've drawn some usefulness and inspiration from the loops!

Sincerely,
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@ninevoltaudio.com

These loops are great, and I recommend every RMX user to have a listen to this stuff. I already own the other Nine Volt stuff, and it's brilliant! As soon as my account leaves the reds, I will go for the new loops...

Talking Re: Electronic Guitars: new: RMX, REX2 & WAV formats

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check in to say "excellent job" to Kyle and the folks at Nine Volt Audio on their new release of "Electronic Guitars"......... and .....in native RMX format.

Its really wonderful stuff!!!

In addition to their sonic excellence, Ninevolt audio is still the only developer that I am aware of that is putting out their material in native RMX format.

To some this may not mean much. To me its a gem.

The textures and diversity of the library are just what I am looking for.

And the forward thinking of the formatting choice speaks volumes about their staying "in touch" with their customer's needs.

Kudos to you Kyle!!!

Your material is both inspiring and acoustically superb!

Cheers!!

Talking Re: Electronic Guitars: new: RMX, REX2 & WAV formats

Kyle,

As always, your work amazes me!.

Any thoughts on the viability of a pedal steel guitar?

Other things that I am curious about; you might (to me) seem to be a potential developer of a "southern bayou" type of acoustic guitar that has that unmistakable "twang". ....slow stuff ......but nonetheless.....extremely seductive, surreal and usable. Just a question.

You guys are amazing!!!

Anyone that hasn't checked the Ninevolt stuff is potentially missing the boat, especially if you have Stylus RMX,...as they release all of their stuff in native RMX format.

In any event, thanks Kyle for your thoughts & considertion!!

Cheers!!

Pedal Steel? Hmmm.... I do live in Nashville...
    For starters, I LOVE the way pedal steel sounds, particularly in non-country settings. I actually just got "Belladonna" Daniel Lanois. It's an instrumental album with a lot of "effected" pedal steel playing. Pretty cool.

I'd love to do a set of steel loops, but I think it's got some "problems" that I'd have to figure out how to work around.
    I'm interested in presenting all of Nine Volt Audio's loop collections in the REX format - therefore useable in Stylus RMX - and since steel playing is generally very fluid, I don't really now how I could adapt them/slice them up for that format and preserve the natural sound of the loop.

The only way I can imagine being able to present pedal steel in the REX format is if I effected them - a la the "Electronic Guitars" loop collection - or something like that. Basically, creating rhythmic transients (necessary for REX files) with effects.

I guess I would be interested in knowing if there would be much interest in a collection like this. Or perhaps, having a loop collection that featured maybe 100 (+ or - ) or so pedal steel loops, along with other electric string based instruments...

You know, I did own a steel about ten years ago. Had it for around a year. Gave me a HUGE level of respect for people that can play them.

Imagine playing an instrument with 10 strings, no frets, at least three picks on your right hand, slide in your left, three pedals for your left foot, volume pedal for your right, two levers for your left knee and two levers for your right. That was my setup. I think I learned one harmonized major scale and that was enough for me! Oh yeah... and it weighed around 70 pounds (without the amp)!

Sincerely,
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@ninevoltaudio.com

Go Back to forum