• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mastering Contest!

Share/Bookmark

Mastering Contest!

Well, I hope I am not violating any rules here, but we are putting together a mastering contest based out of k-v-r. I know some of you would not be interested in this at all, but others might. I am hoping it will be fun and instructive.

So, without futher ado, here is the link:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...0460&highlight=

Take care.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Mastering Contest!

Jeff,

Interesting idea. Normally you would master all the tracks on the album together to get a consistent feel to the CD as a whole rather than individual tracks. It may be worth at least also posting 2 other tracks (e.g. the before and after Interlockin') so people can get a feel for it?

Anyway hope it goes well. I'll probably chip in too :-)

Tim

Thanks, the point is well taken. Although it is an imperfect solution, mp3's of my other pieces can be downloaded at my soundclick.com site.

Also, after the piece is fully mastered, part of the deal is for $50.00 someone will incorporate it into a full CD with my other pieces (people can opt out of this past of the contest). I think its mostly just a matter of making space for it and setting the volume. I doubt the variation in level within the mastered peice will cause it to stick out.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

For those of you playing at home, the final mix is available for download.
    Just go to the k-v-r link (above) to get the site.

jeffn1

Go Back to forum