• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Sonar5

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Sonar5

I had an interesting phenomenon occur the other night while working on Challenge VI. I was working in the piano roll view entering legato controllers (controller 64) when suddenly the volume jumped up significantly in all channels. To the point of meters going into the red on many channels. This persisted and I found out later that the volume controls on individual instruments ( in the Kontakt Player ) had ben reset to a much higher level. Going through all of the instruments in the GPO VST properties and resetting the volume corrected the problem but I am wondering if any one might have an idea what Sonar might have sent out to effect this change in settings. Does changing volume in Sonar's console view change the volume of the settings in Kontakt? My instruments jumped (e.g.) from -11 to +11 in some cases and the Kontakt knob setting had changed as well.

Never had this happen before.

Thanks.

David M.

Re: GPO and Sonar5

David,

Here's a possibility:

GPO will respond to the midi volume and pan sliders in SONAR if you have turned on the "USE STD CC#7/CC#10 VOLUME AND PAN" option in the GPO player.

When you start a project in SONAR, the vol and pan are "disabled" -- the numbers are displayed in parentheses--(101) for example. Under those circumstances, the default vol and pan in the player are used.

If the sliders have somehow become enabled, and with the GPO player "USE STD..." option enabled, such as by clicking on them or adjusting them, the volume(s) will shoot up to 101, which is way too high for GPO (60's to 80's or so is usual).
    Bill

Re: GPO and Sonar5

Bill:

hanks for the help.

I'm not home now but I will check this out when I'm there this evening. I remember seeing this setting in the settings menu but I can't remember now how it was set.

Thanks again for the response.

David M.

Go Back to forum