• Register
  • Help

Topic: kontakt 2gb ram limits? Help

Share/Bookmark

kontakt 2gb ram limits? Help

hi guys....i work with Finale 2006 and Kontakt 2 for loading my ewql patches....i have a p4 and 4gb of ram running with Win Xp 64 bit....when i load 2gb of stuff finale 2006 automaticly closes.....what do u think is the problem??? is kontakt able to load more than 2gb or Finale is the problem? i have to wait for the 64 bit version of both? please help
    tnx

Re: kontakt 2gb ram limits? Help

Hi! aLfR3dd, i'm just gessing here but since Kontakt runs on mac it shouln't have any problem whit 4 Gb ram, so i suspose it has more to do whit finnal.

Good luck!

Geronimo.

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    hi guys....i work with Finale 2006 and Kontakt 2 for loading my ewql patches....i have a p4 and 4gb of ram running with Win Xp 64 bit....when i load 2gb of stuff finale 2006 automaticly closes.....what do u think is the problem??? is kontakt able to load more than 2gb or Finale is the problem? i have to wait for the 64 bit version of both? please help
    tnx
    I run Cubase SX3 with the latest version of Kompakt and can get far over 2gb loaded with the 3gb switch in XP (32bit). I don't think Finale is large address aware or a 64bit application and consequently it cannot use over the 2gb set aside by any normal win32 application. However if you run Kontakt through V-Stack or the like you might be able to use over the 2gb. Incidentaly since Kontakt is not a 64bit application but is set to large address aware (I think) it would be interesting to see if you need any special switch to use over the 2gb in XP64.

How do you find XP64 by the way?

Christiaan

Quote Originally Posted by brilohead
    I run Cubase SX3 with the latest version of Kompakt and can get far over 2gb loaded with the 3gb switch in XP (32bit). I don't think Finale is large address aware or a 64bit application and consequently it cannot use over the 2gb set aside by any normal win32 application. However if you run Kontakt through V-Stack or the like you might be able to use over the 2gb. Incidentaly since Kontakt is not a 64bit application but is set to large address aware (I think) it would be interesting to see if you need any special switch to use over the 2gb in XP64.

How do you find XP64 by the way?

Christiaan

win xp 64 is good...i think faster that xp32....so guys ...i still have the problem ..ok finale 2006 can not load more than 2gb of ram but why kontakt 2 standalone is the same? bye

i think u might have to make finale "large memory aware," the way i do this for use with the 3 gb switch in my boot.ini....., you can use an old prog called imagecfg.exe (google it if u need), to 'flag' the finale exe file as large memory aware....it sounds kinda complex, but once you do it once, it can become routine. remember, you'll have to do this again whenever you update or re-install your version of finale....it needs to be done on the actual executable file....good luck, leafy.

Go Back to forum