• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Composer Channel moving to Garritan.com!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Composer Channel moving to Garritan.com!

Hey, guys.

The ShowProgramming.com site will be closing down over the weekend, as we're moving the Composer Channel over to Garritan.com!

It's been a blast working on the station, but my days are just getting busier and busier to the point where I couldn't keep up with it anymore. I really didn't want to see it come to an end just because I don't have the time to work on it personally, so I've sent all the shows, composer info, etc. to Gary. It'll also be good to see it flying under the Garritan.com banner, I think that will be more intuitive for people to find.

It's going to take some time for Gary's web folks to get everything set up, so please be patient - more work goes into this kind of thing than people usually realize! (Especially programmers like me who just dive into a project thinking, "Oh, I'll have this finished by the end of the night..." )

Of course, I'll still be hanging out on the forums and harassing my friends here at every possible opportunity. I'm simply giving the radio station to Gary. And you know how this guy is with ideas - who knows what cool stuff he'll come up with!

I can see it now: The Chewie - Styxx Hour - Music so funny it'll put hair on your chest...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Composer Channel moving to Garritan.com!

That is some interesting news Christopher.

Thank you for what you have done with this.
    It is a cool thing.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    I can see it now: The Chewie - Styxx Hour - Music so funny it'll put hair on your chest...
    I can't wait to see that too!

Chris, I just want to thank you for all you've done. The selfless devotion you have shown to help musicians. You provided a channel for members of the community to get their music heard. And you have done an extraordinary job with the Composer Channel.

Many people talk the talk but you walk the walk. I am so honored and proud to count you as a friend and to have you with us.

Wishing you all the best in all your endeavors!

Gary

Thumbs up Re: Composer Channel moving to Garritan.com!

Chris, You can't see it but there is one hell of a standing ovation going on right now! Thank you!
    Styxx

Chris,

I want also to thank you for all you have done for us. It's a real kick to turn on the Composer Channel and have your wife say, "Hey isn't that your piece?". It's folks like you that really make things happen. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

What ever you do, I hope you don't stray too far away from us here. Check in often and let us know what you're up too.

Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication.

Karl

Thanks for all your hard work and devotion to a great idea. I know it will flourish, but you gave it the kick start and then some. THUMBS UP
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Well, Chris, we all are grateful for getting if off the ground. I wish my boondocks location could access better connection so I could listen to it, but it is so lurchy here because of bad connections that I can't tolerate it.

Richard

Well, you had a great run with it Chris. Thanks for all of the hard work and giving people here the oppertunity for their music to be heard. And it's great that it's not going away, just moving.
    Trent P. McDonald

Chris,
    I hope that your next steps will be as rewarding for you as your previous steps were for all of us.

Thanks for the integrety, character and personal attention. .. qualities out there that are truly lacking these days !

be at peace my friend.

-- atonal

Chris, may I add my voice to the chorus of thanks and great appreciation for your outstanding efforts in this!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum