• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The best harp library

Share/Bookmark

Question The best harp library

Hi there!!!
    I want to know if someone has purchased Symphonic Harps from SI, or what is for you the best harp library.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: The best harp library

NOOOO! Don't start this kind of topic again or we will eventually find out all harp sample libraries are out of tune!

I don't write extensive harp music.... so I am very content with XSample + VSL combo already.

Cheers,
    Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by FrozeN
    NOOOO! Don't start this kind of topic again or we will eventually find out all harp sample libraries are out of tune!

I don't write extensive harp music.... so I am very content with XSample + VSL combo already.

Cheers,
    Frankie
    Haha... I just want short answers like yours, not a war!!!

Thanks Frankie!
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Talking Re: The best harp library

LOL Frankie

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    Hi there!!!
    I want to know if someone has purchased Symphonic Harps from SI, or what is for you the best harp library.
    By the picture you've posted, the most obvious question for me is if you should be asking what microphones would be best, instead.

I use two harp libraries. One is the original Garritan GigaHarp. The other is the VSL harp. The Garritan is a closer perspective, good for pop uses, and for orchestral uses, too, if you narrow up the image (pick one channel or use a stereo panner to collapse). The VSL harp has more room resonance in it, and is darker. I find no immediate preference in the two, only to say that both are useful in different contexts.

As you probably know all too well, every harp has "pet notes" that resonate more completely and some that speak with less resonance. So, for me, often the choice comes down to which one "behaves" best in a given setting and key center.

I really like the one from Xsample but i don't like the back stabing type that you are and i don't like war either you hipocryt, and who's looking for trouble now?

Nice community .

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    I really like the one from Xsample but i don't like the back stabing type that you are and i don't like war either you hipocryt, and who's looking for trouble now?

Nice community .
    woa - easy cowboy

Mind your own buseness, that tuning remark was for me and i don't have to like it

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    By the picture you've posted, the most obvious question for me is if you should be asking what microphones would be best, instead.

I use two harp libraries. One is the original Garritan GigaHarp. The other is the VSL harp. The Garritan is a closer perspective, good for pop uses, and for orchestral uses, too, if you narrow up the image (pick one channel or use a stereo panner to collapse). The VSL harp has more room resonance in it, and is darker. I find no immediate preference in the two, only to say that both are useful in different contexts.

As you probably know all too well, every harp has "pet notes" that resonate more completely and some that speak with less resonance. So, for me, often the choice comes down to which one "behaves" best in a given setting and key center.
    Hi Bruce!! I have enough with composing, i don't want to be a developer (with a lot of stars here!! ) and I play celtic harp not concert. The sound of celtic harp is brighter and more magical IMO.
    I want a comprehensive lib with a lot of glisses and effects. What do you recommend?
    I will chek Xsample demos...
    Thanks
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

I don't remember seeing any glissendi and effect in Xsample, it's pretty bassic but it sound really good. But they have something call a juew harp(i think), and alot of other stuff i've never seen before, i really like there stuff and i can't wait to apply the new GIGA3 fonctions to it.

Go Back to forum