• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Symphonic Movement

New Symphonic Movement

I have recently completed (more or less) my first significant piece of work using GPO and Sibelius. I would love to know what everyone thinks of the sample quality, the music, or anything else that you feel worth mentioning.

Thanks for the ear.

Re: New Symphonic Movement

Excellent writing, Matthew, and shades of Mahler, an ambitious composition -- brought forward with great success!

Congratulations on this achievement.

I'll let others more adept talk to you about technicals; I'm going back for another listen of the music.

May I summarize with a simple but resounding...

Yes, definitely some echoes of Mahler. What an excellent piece! It must have taken quite a long time to write this. Impressive writing I must say. I really did enjoy the parts near 7:00 - 9:00.

Some remarkably good stuff here. Makes us Sibelius users proud! (or at least it does for me ). Keep writing more!

♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Great piece! I enjoyed your symphonic movement a lot; the development especially.

The only thing I didn't particularly agree with was the reverb... but that's mostly because I'm more accustomed (and therefore biased) to the kind of reverb I use

This is definitely a great work. I agree with echoes of Mahler comments Bravo! I'm definitely saving this one on my computer.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Terrific work!

I really enjoyed this ….and think it's one of your best works!

There's a noticeable development here... not merely repeating motifs, but unique variations that build and continually drive your theme forward in a clear direction until the end.

Great work indeed Matthew !… I'll certainly have a few more listens..

Houston, TX

wow...yes, mahleresque indeed...riveting - i enjoyed it immensely and your "expanded" form is impressive, if nothing for your patience! good work!!!

Hello, will be posting a critique soon.
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Go Back to forum