• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Strength of Heart

Strength of Heart

Hi Everyone,

Well, here's my newest try at it...I originally wrote this one in 2001, but was just now able to sort of finish it. Please forgive the synthy strings. I had to use them because I can't get GOS to play with Legato yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to very very soon and will revise ASAP. Please imagine very legato, sweeping strings instead of what you ARE hearing. Thanks for listening.

used: Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Strings *(WILL USE GOS INSTEAD), GPO, Project Sam True Strike (starter kit), Gold XP, Stormdrum, blah blah blah...

p.s. - it doesn't play well in quicktime
    p.s.s. - A special thanks to Styxx for the encouragement!!! Thank you!!

Re: Strength of Heart

Wow One of your best yet. I like the way you keep all the instruments to the back. There is nothing too " in-your-face" about it. Strong balance over all.
    Good build up as usual. I don't know how you do it but you do. You've done a teriffic job with sweeping strings and sonorus brass.

An inspiring piece indeed. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    (The Nut )

As always, I like your style! Beautiful sweeping strings, even if they're not yet GOS Your harmonies are always great. I love the change in tempo, and the return afterwards. As 88 said, there is nothing "in-your-face" yet it keeps me captivated, flowing along with the music. And of course, I like Stormdrum, and I love the way you use it. This truly sounds movie-ish, which of course I love!

Great work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Fine work on this, Stephanie... strong harmonies and moving and impactful thematic material.

I like the skillful manner in which you handled the percussion in this; and that brassy center section really goes for the gut.

Good job!

It must be those mountains directly west of you that gives you an inspiration for such power. This really sounds terrific. More...encore...bravo...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Nice going, Miss Stephanie! I like your latest compo. I especially appreciate your horn work and the great growly lower brasses. Your fine percussion is not chopped liver either.

Strength of Heart is strong! I believe that you may be the only chick composer on this forum.

Larry G. Alexander

West Seneca, NY

Angry Re: Strength of Heart

Internet access to the requested website has been denied based on your user profile
    and organization's Internet Usage Policy.

Free Hosts
    Blocked URL:

For further options, click here.

I don't believe it! I wait all this time to hear a new work by moviemaestro and I am blocked!
    Sorry Steph ... would have loved to hear. Maybe from home.

It all comes down to harmony….which you have here in abundance!

This was terrific work Steph. Very memorable. It has film score written all over… very epic in scope.

..and I think your string sections turned out fantastic.. No need to imagine more grandiose stings… they're great as is!

Terrific work!

Hi Stephanie, beautiful, epic quality to this piece. I love your use of percussion, really well done. The brass writing is excellent too. The strings would probably sound better in GOS but they're definately not bad now. Very expressive piece. I'm glad I listened.

Hey STephanie!!!
    This is great!!
    I fell a lot of emotion inside!! And this is piece is wonderful form the start to the end!!
    I love the brass section between the two parts!! Love the sound!!
    You are very talented Stephanie, keep up the great works!!!

Best to you, your friend,

P.S. support me at the competition, Steph!!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast