• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piano prelude

Piano prelude

Hi everybody. Today I was practicing some piano, when suddenly got one of those bursts of inspiration, and ended up writing this small prelude, after about 7 hours of work (GPO rendition from finale included)

So, since it was written in finale and then played back with GPO, the dynamics and all those little things aren´t worked out yet, but I think it might work (No sustain pedals for example), and some dynamics sound to abrupt to me.

Anyway, I´d love to hear some comments, should I work more on the piano rendering?

Again, thanks a lot to Gary for hosting this. Here´s the link:

See you in the chat and thanks in advance
    José Miguel Serrano

Re: Piano prelude

A top-flight job on this: piano writing at its best, José!

Technically, I do not know that this needs much work, but for a bit of massaging on dynamics and perhaps a little more attention to tempi. As a pianist, I doubt I would use much sustain pedal at all... I like the fine clarity of it as is.

A wonderful piece!

This is a wonderfully beautiful piece! Great job. I enjoyed sitting back listening to the beautiful harmonies
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Really nice job on this. I think I hear a little Chopin in there Overall, I think stands pretty well as it is. You might tweak some dynamics in a few spots as David said but I think the piano rendering sounds very good. Cheers!

Nice arrangement!

...Your piano skills are wonderful.

My only minor technical critique was that I found the ambience a bit too full at times. Perhaps it’s a result of the continual sustain pedal causing the overlap.

Still, a wonderful composition. ( wouldn't change a thing there!)

thanks a lot for the comments!!

I´ll work on the GPO-dynamics manipulation to make them a bit smoother, and I´ll add just a bit of pedaling. (I´ll let you know when it´s ready, I think I´ll be able to work on it in the weekend)

thanks again!
    José Miguel Serrano

Keol ,
    What a master full work!!!. Sounds excellent to me. You have to give me the score, I would love to play this on my piano. Thank you for posting this. I can tell your training has really paid off. Now I see why your instructor has allowed you to take two music classes at once .

(The Nut )

Lovely Piece here Keol.
    I imagined Beethoven sitiing and improvising.What a great sound you got out of the GPO Steinway.

thanks a lot for the comments, 88fingers and joaz!!

well, I think I managed to prepare a "performable" version. here´s the pdf, 88fingers. please, I´m still not sure to make perfect editions so if you find something to fix please tell me.

thanks a lot! you asking me for the score is an honour

(A friend asked me to make a string quartet version... I might work on it on the weekend. Not a masterpiece, but I think is one of the best things I´ve ever written)

and, A fugue might follow... someday

Anyway, again thanks a lot.
    José Miguel Serrano

Good work. Nice formal arc. Keep it up, and maybe that follow-on fugue!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast