• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Essentials - Review?

Share/Bookmark

String Essentials - Review?

Hello,

is there a Siedlaczek´s String Essentials review available? Heard the demos at bestservice. I may be wrong but I think these library sounds great. Any experience?

Regards

Thumbs up Re: String Essentials - Review?

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    Hello,

is there a Siedlaczek´s String Essentials review available? Heard the demos at bestservice. I may be wrong but I think these library sounds great. Any experience?

Regards
    I'm with you! I think it has a beatiful sound...listening the demos. It has 3 mic perspectives and all the basic articulations.
    At http://www.bestservice.de/detail.asp...9a201p19p15p27
    you can download the booklet with all the information about it.

It says:

"New great sounding samples in 5 different lengths, 3 or 4 dynamic levels, runs and natural release samples have been carefully recorded using 3 microphone placements: close (dry), normal and ambient"

Strings Essentials besides of any articulation or anything else has a beatiful sound to my ears.

Jacques.

Re: String Essentials - Review?

I've just got it, they sound good.

Seems like I can use it in both "classical" and "pop" productions. Great with both dry and more ambient recordings.
    Good use of Kontakt's possibilities, not TOO hard to understand... Great with these knobs in Kontakt (I use the full version of this sample player) to alter attack, decay, expression and so forth in a way even I can understand :-)

Must add that I own VSL Opus 1, Chamber and Solo strings, KH Emerald, Miroslaw a.o. already, but I think this library will come in quit handy at times.

Great that the staccato instruments will cycle through 5 different samples if one note is played repeatably (how to spell that?)...
    Glissandi You can live with and much, much more.
    Also works well for that sweet romantic "pad-playing".
    3 or 4 layers for expression - via velocity or modwheel...

Great bang for the buck, no doubt about it!

And I've got the feeling that they will work well layered with other libs.
    (Little CPU-hungry, but comes with light editions also...)
    Read the manual as stated in the previous post...

All the best
    Copenhagen

Re: String Essentials - Review?

Hello Sten,

sorry for the delay - thanks for your reply! I don't hear anything wrong with this library. It's may worth the money.

Question Re: String Essentials - Review?

Is there any user demos for string essentials?
    Or can someone give list of the available articulations, runs?
    I'm interested with this library, but it's lack of detailed informations, and user reviews...

I'm also interested in the classic complete library...
    I really wonder why these two libraries has never been reviewed...

Can someone help me pointing some more informations, excepts for what I can find in their website?

Thanks

Go Back to forum